Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Perhaps us and Chelsea will continue this one after the Euros, so Gallagher can be discussed again? Didn’t Gallagher say that he only wanted to concentrate on England during the tournament? I still think something may happen involving both players in a week or two. 

32 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

If he’s not a sale he’ll stay here and score 10-15 goals. Got 8 last season and should be more settled now. Zero reason to loan him with the number of games we have.

When's he actually going to play though? Half of his goals were in the opening weeks when he was playing in the early Europa games. He isn't starting the CL equivalent. 

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

When's he actually going to play though? Half of his goals were in the opening weeks when he was playing in the early Europa games. He isn't starting the CL equivalent. 

Both domestic cups for a start, and rotation in the league when the games come thick and fast

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Both domestic cups for a start, and rotation in the league when the games come thick and fast

Games were coming thick and fast last season and he wasn't starting any league games. He will be a bit part player again next season if he stays, which I don't think he will. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Next step for him, a year older, is regularly getting the last 30 mins of games so Ollie can have a rest, starting in the FA Cup, League Cup etc. It’s his job to play his way into the team. Fine if you think he can’t do it, but it’s the same challenge any backup striker we have will face.

21 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Depends if we have a league cup run or it's just one game like last season. Think if I'm right we're playing in later part of August as there are no available midweek dates in September.

He started the Everton cup game and was hauled off at half time. This was when he was in good form aswell.

He didn't start a prem game for us until mid March despite all our games in the first half of the season.

I can fully understand why he doesn't want another season like that and think Emery has informed him he's free to leave so something will happen in next two months but makes sense to get a replacement in first.

12 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Games were coming thick and fast last season and he wasn't starting any league games. He will be a bit part player again next season if he stays, which I don't think he will. 

He was 19 struggling with injury. This season he’ll be 20, turning 21, hopefully fit and more settled. No guarantee he makes it but it’s mad with young players to expect the same one season to the next - at his age Kane was failing to score for Norwich but a year or two later had established himself for Spurs.

This kid is miles ahead of most PL comparisons you could make with those just turned 20. He’s playing a perfectly reasonable amount of minutes for his age. HE might not think so, of course, which could be an issue in the end. But it’s up to him to break in.

Or of course if he wants to leave and we want to bank £40m, that’s fine too!

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Next step for him, a year older, is regularly getting the last 30 mins of games so Ollie can have a rest, starting in the FA Cup, League Cup etc. It’s his job to play his way into the team. Fine if you think he can’t do it, but it’s the same challenge any backup striker we have will face.

He would argue scoring a few in the Europa league early last season and then that season turning goal v Palace was playing himself into the team. At that point Ollie hadn't scored in the league.

As I've always suspected I think he felt he was going to start Chelsea away in September, it didn't happen and then Ollie scored and that kickstarted his season off and Duran was never going to get a sniff after given he's right behind one of the least injured CFs in World football.

It would be different if say he was at Newcastle as Isak regularly picks up knocks. Everton would've actually been a decent move aswell with them selling Calvert Lewin.

I'm still interested where he ends up, I just can't see him accepting another season like he's just had.

• Like 1

With us looking ok for PSR I’d be inclined to throw mr billy big bollocks in the reserves for a bit. Perhaps it’ll help him with his arsehole attitude.

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

With us looking ok for PSR I’d be inclined to throw mr billy big bollocks in the reserves for a bit. Perhaps it’ll help him with his arsehole attitude.

Yeah plummet his value ruin his career …… 🤪 yes I was being sarcastic 

11 minutes ago, burchy said:

just needs to go out on loan for a season imo, play a good 30+ games, gain some value, a good sale in jan or summer.

if he doesnt got his summer.

Â