Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

You must be oldish like myself 🤣

Child of the 60s

Old hands of Stone is one of my favourite boxers  ever

Edited by Follyfoot

The links with David for Chelsea could be them sending a warning shot to Duran’s agent to drop their expected wages or they will move onto another target.

• Like 3

Chelsea (and Saudi) are the only one that would pay £40m for him. I doubt anybody else would consider more than £15-20m for him. Hopefully he lowers his wage demands so that we can cash in.

Why is it being taken as fact that his wage demands are too high, I haven't seen that reported, as far as I'm aware all that was reportd was that personal terms haven't been agreed yet, but that doesn't mean he's asking for more money or too much money... In fact Romano said in his podcast that Duran had given Chelsea the greenlight to sign him and it was we that hadn't agreed to the deal at that point

If it doesn't happen probably more likely because Chelsea sign someone they think is better value for money, rather than anything to do with Duran's so called demands, also it's a complicated deal, if it, does still happen I wouldn't be surprised if it's very similar to the Maatsen deal where by they pay a big fee for him and we take one of their youngsters to give them some of that money back, so there could well be more than one player involved in the negotiations, Romano was kind of suggesting this when it looked like he was going to be used in the Maatsen deal, as kept referring to 'players' coming to us as part of the exchange

One thing I'm pretty certain off we won't be letting him go for as little as twenty milllion, will be thirty or forty million, either money, or a deal worth that much in terms of a player exchange

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

Duran asked for 150k a week, Chelsea said **** off, and Emery not happy with him at all apparently. Guess we'll see when it comes to pre-season if that's true, if Emery tries to bomb squad him or not.

Can't find any links especially not in the media to any of that online or is this more hearsay that Duran is some sort of ace troublemaker

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Come on man. We paid £18m for him as a teenager from MLS. He’s now played a season in England, scoring 8 goals (the same as, for comparison, Marcus Rashford) and you think his value has dropped to £15m?

I get not liking him, I get thinking he’s arrogant, whatever you like, but if you honestly think he’s decreased in value in 12-18 months that’s just a weird position. 

He's a proven premier league goal scorer who would right now be a nailed on starter for at least 10 clubs and perhaps closer to 15.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If we don't need the money anymore keeping him around another season for progression isn't the worst idea. He's clearly a very talented kid. If he ever matured he'd be outstanding. 

My reading of this (and I appreciate that there is much reading between the lines) is that everything is pretty much agreed for two major transfers between Villa and Chelsea.  However, firstly those deals need to take place in July and secondly I think both clubs are intent on making it look like there is no "link" between the two.  So there's a lot of diversion at play - messages about one player not wanting to leave and being intent on staying and fighting for his place and another player pushing for higher wages.  This allows the transfer sagas to extend into the new accounting year, highlights that they are two VERY separate deals that have had specific issues that they've had to address and which will probably both clear up at some point after next weekend (almost certainly on different days).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, allani said:

My reading of this (and I appreciate that there is much reading between the lines) is that everything is pretty much agreed for two major transfers between Villa and Chelsea.  However, firstly those deals need to take place in July and secondly I think both clubs are intent on making it look like there is no "link" between the two.  So there's a lot of diversion at play - messages about one player not wanting to leave and being intent on staying and fighting for his place and another player pushing for higher wages.  This allows the transfer sagas to extend into the new accounting year, highlights that they are two VERY separate deals that have had specific issues that they've had to address and which will probably both clear up at some point after next weekend (almost certainly on different days).

I think you could be right.  The love in with Chelsea on social media(which I thought was very disrespectful) and hugging Pochettino at one of our games was suspect.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Can't find any links especially not in the media to any of that online or is this more hearsay that Duran is some sort of ace troublemaker

Could be hearsay. On another forum I visit there's a regular who occasionally gets tidbits of gossip from a friend of his and posts them. He's not spraying it all over twitter in search of likes so I lean towards there being something in it but perfectly reasonable to be suspicious of such second hand comments obviously. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Could be hearsay. On another forum I visit there's a regular who occasionally gets tidbits of gossip from a friend of his and posts them. He's not spraying it all over twitter in search of likes so I lean towards there being something in it but perfectly reasonable to be suspicious of such second hand comments obviously. 

I just find with Duran people have already made there minds up and quick to jump down his throat

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

To be fair our squad seems pretty tight and level-headed - so you don't need to be that much of an ar$e to be disruptive.  I mean a "troublemaker" at Villa could be just a standard idiot at certain other clubs.  So whether he's peak Pogba or Balotelli or not remains to be seen but he certainly seems to be an outlier at Villa. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He ain't going to Chelsea then if we've put up Kellyman instead.

Can maybe see a season long loan instead.

Good thing now with all these sales is we can wait for the right offer. 
chelsea can’t bully us into a rash and fire sale and with the length of his contract can loan with out hopefully he lights up and we sell at a premium price. 

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He ain't going to Chelsea then if we've put up Kellyman instead.

Can maybe see a season long loan instead.

If he’s not a sale he’ll stay here and score 10-15 goals. Got 8 last season and should be more settled now. Zero reason to loan him with the number of games we have.

• Like 1

Â