Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Basically, the rumour is we are paying 37.5m for Maatsen, i said it would be ironic if Chelsea magically paid 37.5m as well for Duran (ie: a clear PSR trick).

So, we pay 37.5m for Maatsen, amortised over 5 years, so 7.5m spent this year.

They pay 37.5m for Duran, amortise over 5 years, so 7.5m spent this year.

Both clubs book all the profit this year, so its a book 30m profit for both clubs right now (37.5m income, minus 7.5m spent when amortised over 5 years)

its like a PSR, you scratch my back, i will scratch yours.

The amortisation is taken monthly not a one off annually so it would only be a very small amount in June 30th accounts.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Basically, the rumour is we are paying 37.5m for Maatsen, i said it would be ironic if Chelsea magically paid 37.5m as well for Duran (ie: a clear PSR trick).

Both clubs book all the profit this year, so its a book 30m profit for both clubs right now (37.5m income, minus 7.5m spent when amortised over 5 years)

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

The amortisation is taken monthly not a one off annually so it would only be a very small amount in June 30th accounts.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Technically speaking you would only need to amortise for the amount of days he was our player in this accounting period, so if he signs on the 29th June, you only amortise 2 days AFAIK.

6 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Technically speaking you would only need to amortise for the amount of days he was our player in this accounting period, so if he signs on the 29th June, you only amortise 2 days AFAIK.

You are correct, I wrote an example of 7/365 (a weeks worth) of the amount but didn’t think peopled cared that much about accounting treatment so just wrote monthly and small amount.  Your description is better, I think I over complicated it initially 😂

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Thing is Duran won't be all profit as we spent about £15m-20m on him.  I assume Maatsen was signed for peanuts by Chelsea so it would be all profit.  We might want a bit more for Duran.  It doesn't seem to be an issue of paying what we want for Duran anyway, it seems the hold up is whatever Duran is wanting per week.  If this doesn't go through then hopefully he has a moment of clarity of what an absolute bell end he must be if one of the best managers in the world doesn't want to work with him and a club like Chelsea baulks at the idea of bringing him in.

i think he will be a top player tbh.

it also seems clear that his attitude stinks.

He's got Pogba vibes all over him tbh.

52 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure if any truth in this:

I can't see Fulham dropping 40m on an 20 year old striker with a handful of starts.  Probably his agent trying to get Chelsea to up their wage offer.

Just listened to Romano's transfer update thing, said that Chelsea have been in contact with Atletico today and yesterday about Samu Omorodion, they've made a new bid of 40m plus, but Atletico have turned the bid down again, they want to keep him and the player isn't desperate to leave, whether there's a price below the 80m release clause that they will accept I don't know

He says Duran still an option, Athletic podcast earlier said that we want to sell him as soon as possible so we can bring in our striker target, if Duran sale gets delayed then of course we could miss out on whoever it is we're targetting

Links to Jonathan David resurfacing… maybe that’s who we go for once Duran is out… 

Would he accept being backup to Ollie though? And can he play in different positions?

Apparently available for sale, with 1 year left in his contract, for around 25m.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i think he will be a top player tbh.

it also seems clear that his attitude stinks.

He's got Pogba vibes all over him tbh.

If he’s too stupid to realise that he couldn’t wish for a better manager than Emery then quite frankly he’s never going to achieve his potential. Let’s get what we can for him and move on so that he becomes someone else’s problem (with the occasional wonder goal)

Haven't we sold him yet?  Sounds like we're hawking him out via the media to encourage someone with a genuine interest to get a move on.

Could actually see him going to United though. Reckon he'd score more than Hojlund.

Just now, PieFacE said:

Got a feeling Chelsea won't progress with this deal. Dunno where he'll end up tho. 

I think we will see a Duran - Gallagher deal (same value transfer)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â