Jhon Durán

PieFacE

For all his potential and a some class moments, I don't feel any connection to this transfer.

Doug was someone who grew with and became an integral figure for the club and seemed likeable, giving 100% always, it's disappointing that at the point he has looked (at times last season) world class, that we lose him.

But Duran has always come across as a tw8t much as i've tried to pretend he wasn't.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

£40 mill is truly excellent money for him at this stage of his career

It's ridiculous and that's why he is going to Chelsea as only a basket case club like them would pay that kind of money for an unprofessional, unproven bench warmer like Duran.

40 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Maatsen “swap” for Duran makes sense for everyone involved.

Very much so. I'd be happy with that deal.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Say what you like about his mentality, it’s a massive shame to lose him. Ceiling on the boy is sky high. You don’t find explosive strikers like him that often. Bigger loss than Dougie for me.

Quite a few reactions to my post suggesting it's a silly opinion, so just to qualify it...

Do I think he is better than or more important to Villa than Dougie right now?  No.  But if he carries on developing at the rate he has done, he could become the next Drogba for Chelsea and I would hate to have to watch that knowing he could have been that player for us.

I know it's not a given and he does appear to have a questionable attitude, but he will mature and if/when he does, then watch out. 

* I also accept he wants to go and I certainly don't want a player who isn't 100% committed to Aston Villa.  But that's why I said it's a shame, I just wish the circumstances were different and he could continue here with us.

I'm fully expecting after he scores a few goals in The Premier League that he'll be liking all Real Madrid content and unfollowing Chelsea. 

• Haha 4

It is believed that a deal between the two clubs for Duran, which could be worth up to £40 million, is broadly agreed, but there are still hurdles to overcome.
Chelsea would want to put 20-year-old Duran on a long, incentivised contract, rather than putting him straight on big wages and they also want to be sure over his character.
Duran has a reputation of being an unusual character, although Villa sources insist he has never missed training and is not considered to be a so-called ‘bad lad’.

Lads quick let's delete this Thread before Chelsea read it

Chelsea granted permission to talk to Jhon Duran as Aston Villa enquire about Ian Maatsen (telegraph.co.uk)

Edited by CVByrne

1 hour ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Say what you like about his mentality, it’s a massive shame to lose him. Ceiling on the boy is sky high. You don’t find explosive strikers like him that often. Bigger loss than Dougie for me.

He will go on to do nothing. The kid has shit for brains.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He will go on to do nothing. The kid has shit for brains.

You may well be right but if nothing else its garaunteed that he will score a hatrick against us every season and will look like Messi and Ronaldo combined while doing so. 

If you look at when he has been most effective for us, it has always been off the bench, any time he has started, he has basically done nothing. Looks decent against a team with 80mins football played and he is fresh. The times he started, his attention span seems to be 5 minutes, after that he is never in the position he is supposed to be 

He has a lot of potential to be a top class striker but he's still not had a convincing game that he's started for us. If we could swap him for Maatsen and cash, whilst sorting out our FFP problems at the same time then it's a no brainer.

I really hope we can somehow convince Gallagher to come as if all these swaps come off then we're arguably stronger as a squad than before we let Luiz go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:
It is believed that a deal between the two clubs for Duran, which could be worth up to £40 million, is broadly agreed, but there are still hurdles to overcome.

Chelsea would want to put 20-year-old Duran on a long, incentivised contract, rather than putting him straight on big wages and they also want to be sure over his character.

Duran has a reputation of being an unusual character, although Villa sources insist he has never missed training and is not considered to be a so-called ‘bad lad’.

Telegraph

I'd lie in court about him for £40m. Doubt he'd like an incentivised contract, he'll be wanting it all up front before he gets out of bed 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

We give them the £30m release for Maatsen and they give us £40m for Duran. Win-Win?

This sounds like a good deal to me. 

21 minutes ago, villaglint said:

You may well be right but if nothing else its garaunteed that he will score a hatrick against us every season and will look like Messi and Ronaldo combined while doing so. 

I was convinced of that every time Adama Traore played against us.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â