Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I do wonder what shite he has been shouting off behind the scenes at villa park. 

Mcginns comment about respect may have had nothing to do with on the pitch stuff. Maybe he has been banging on about Chelsea/ giving off about villa to his teammates and that's what mcginn was refering to

In which case get rid yesterday 

Just the idea of him driving a car in London is hilarious. Going off the rails badly in 3, 2, 1

Edit: wait I’ve mixed my metaphors there

Edited by KentVillan
  • Haha 1

Really getting bored of this one now to be honest. A great prospect, but if Duran doesn’t want to be here and is so desperate to go to Chelsea, then let’s get as much as we can from them for him and move on.

I’d hope we’d be smart enough to insist on some sort of add ons. 

19 hours ago, Alakagom said:

I'm not gonna bring receipts, but at moments like this I find it funny to think back to the posters that laughed at Duran twerking for Chelsea for twitter and called it pointless exaggeration rumours. Probably the same posters that thought all journos reporting on FFP issues have agenda against us. 

Wasn't that just congratulating a female Colombian player on moving there?

15 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Romano just said that there's no agreement between us and  Chelsea yet. And that another player might be involved in a swap.

I suspect we want Gallagher as part of the deal, but Chelsea or him are hesitant.

I'd take Chalobah if Gallagher isn't interested. Similar to Konsa so would have good depth in the RCB position.

I bet they're trying to convince us that Broja is still this amazing striker after his forgettable Fulham stint.

Going by what Romano said it seems it's matter of when he leaves not if, not only have we been in contact with Chelsea every day and they with Duran and his people working on a deal, but also there are other clubs involved who want him should Chelsea not happen.

Also I don't think we're going to get a big fee, sounds like it's going to be another deal similar to the Luiz deal, I imagine they will give us around £20m and a player or two to take the value of the transfer for us closer to £40m or whatever it is we want for him

Apparently we're doing player swaps because it will help with the next set of accounts with regard to PSR rules

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Going by what Romano said it seems it's matter of when he leaves not if, not only have we been in contact with Chelsea every day and they with Duran and his people working on a deal, but also there are other clubs involved who want him should Chelsea not happen.

Also I don't think we're going to get a big fee, sounds like it's going to be another deal similar to the Luiz deal, I imagine they will give us around £20m and a player or two to take the value of the transfer for us closer to £40m or whatever it is we want for him

Apparently we're doing player swaps because it will help with the next set of accounts with regard to PSR rules

With PSR in mind these kind of swap deals plus cash will become more common in my opinion. 

55 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Sounds like a man-child, hope JPA tells him too...

Guys like Duran don't listen to anyone and they never grow up. He'll be 37 years old and still acting like a baby.

• Like 2

This must be a Monchi tactic. We are saying we don't want a pure sale for Duran we want a player exchange. Gallagher doesn't want to think about his future until after the Euro's so he's out. 

I'm thinking now, if we have teams interested in Luiz and Duran do we look at what player we can take from interested clubs and then decide who to do business with? 

1 hour ago, useless said:

Yes, but I can't work out how this would be. Only way it makes sense to me is it allows us to over inflate the value of the players in the swap by about 20% as player values are hard to determine. This would give us about a 20m PSR boost. It's smart and also means we can make our signings at same time as sales so gets things done early. 

This is from Athletic article yesterday

Exchange deals are forming a notable part of Villa’s thinking this transfer window. Ordinarily, Douglas Luiz’s outright value would exceed what Juventus can afford to pay, so at least one player — U.S. midfielder Weston McKennie has featured in talks — plus cash would be preferable. This way, the player leaving can be booked onto the club’s accounts, while the cost of the player signing can be amortised (spread) over the length of their contract, in turn lowering figures in the next set of accounts. In this instance, time is of the essence in ensuring a sale materialises before June 30, meaning it can register in the next set of accounts. A similar notion has been attributed to Villa’s interest in Conor Gallagher, with Chelsea, the selling club, remaining interested in Villa forward Jhon Duran.

16 hours ago, Rich192 said:

My guess would be Chalobah or Maatsen. I’d be very happy with either, to be honest. 

Yeah either of those would be good. Prefer Chalobah as we need a right footed CB/RB if we move Carlos on

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â