Jhon Durán

PieFacE

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Obviously the pull of Conference League football is just too much for him.

Maybe he feels like he has unfinished business there. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Signed after barely a full season from MLS. For £40 million, we double our investment after what was pretty much a punt,  you take it. 

Yeah tbf I need to eat humble pie as I thought it was a weird and kinda dumb signing. He’s shown some potential but he’s also shown complete disrespect. Take the money, watch him and Carney tear it up for Watford in the championship in a couple of years 

• Like 1

The talent is there. Some of his goals last season were quite amazing. However, when starting he most often failed to provide much at all.

I think it is more of a case of Villa and Duran just not a good fit right now. 

Good luck going to Chelsea, I'm sure that's completely the right environment for his attitude.

Good stability there and long term planning.

18 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Move to Other Football. Clearly the prospect of working with the ex-Leicester City boss Enzo Maresca over King Unai was simply too appealing for a 20 year old at the beginning of his career to turn down. Can't think of any other reason.

Pathetic.

Other than Chelsea being the biggest and most successful English team for his age group...

And London obviously 

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

That shot against City that hit the bar is amongst the best technique I've ever seen.

He's definitely got potential.

His attitude and temperament need a lot of work. I imagine the attitude might improve at Chelsea team that has no choice but to start him, but he's still going be petulant and get booked regularly. And does he have the modesty to recognise there are areas to his all round game that need massive improvement. 

£40m is a good price,  in a few years time he could be with £100m or £20m.

• Like 1

I'm not gonna bring receipts, but at moments like this I find it funny to think back to the posters that laughed at Duran twerking for Chelsea for twitter and called it pointless exaggeration rumours. Probably the same posters that thought all journos reporting on FFP issues have agenda against us. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Anything11 said:

The talent is there. Some of his goals last season were quite amazing. However, when starting he most often failed to provide much at all.

I think it is more of a case of Villa and Duran just not a good fit right now. 

Moments player. Has ability but lacks good movement and intelligence. It may come as he gets older but he’s a long way from it at the moment.

I'm not going to pretend I'm happy to see him go. I'm not happy about this. But I understand it.

I think.

• Like 1

On 12/06/2024 at 14:36, Davkaus said:

If he does need to grow up a bit, I can't imagine a worse club for him than Chelsea. I'll bite their arm off for the cash, but that's a terrible move for him

He can get in the queue to fight to take a penalty 🤣 

On a serious note Duran and anyone his age would only have ever known Chelsea as a very successful club where many great players have played so it would be a massive move for him. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

11 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I'm not going to pretend I'm happy to see him go. I'm not happy about this. But I understand it.

I think.

This.

We are taking a big, quick profit and gambling that he doesn’t turn into a world beater.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â