Jhon Durán

PieFacE

If he does need to grow up a bit, I can't imagine a worse club for him than Chelsea. I'll bite their arm off for the cash, but that's a terrible move for him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I'll be a bit gutted to see him go, however it appears he is simply too much of a headache.

Also, it now makes the Chelsea liking spree I was defending him on, looks like it actually was what it said on the tin.

So he can piss off as.long as we are handsomely compensated.

Knowing our luck, Ollie will get an injury on international duty as soon as the deal is confirmed 🙄

I wouldn't have thought we'll go into next season with just Watkins as the only forward. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Look, you've made your mind up, you have your perception, I simply don't agree with it. I've already said why I think McGinn made those comments in my previous post.

I know where you're coming from, it's just I can't think of any other reasons why Unai would let someone with that much potential leave.  It doesn't seem to be down to ability or performance last season.

30 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I wouldn't have thought we'll go into next season with just Watkins as the only forward. 

Neither would I mate.. it was a bit tongue in cheek.

What we'd then need to sign is essentialy another starting striker though lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Every time he has started he has been poor. He has failed to grasp the nettle every time. Boro in the cup was a low point with McGinn visibly pissed off with his lack of effort. However you can't deny the kid has talent and has scored some super goals off the bench with the Ajax one being a highlight. But he is miles away from being a regular starter for a premier league side and for 40 million you couldn't turn it down from Chelsea's unlimited pot of money.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I know where you're coming from, it's just I can't think of any other reasons why Unai would let someone with that much potential leave.  It doesn't seem to be down to ability or performance last season.

I don't presume to know the exact reasoning, but there's big PSR-shaped elephant blundering around right now so that might be a big factor, also I think Emery would ideally like to give him more minutes but knows it will be difficult, I think he'd rather someone who can play across the front line be the backup for Ollie, that way it's a little easier to give everyone enough minutes to keep them all happy. Mainly though, everybody has a price, Chelsea seem to be meeting ours for Jhon, I don't think there needs to be a whole lot more to it than that.

Why do Chelsea even need Duran, don't they have Fofana?  Basically what a raw unproven player like Duran.  Chelsea must just love spending money.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Why do Chelsea even need Duran, don't they have Fofana?  Basically what a raw unproven player like Duran.  Chelsea must just love spending money.

A lot of their fans are asking the same thing. Where are the minutes going to come from to blood both of them as well as the other strikers?

Shame if it goes tits up!

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Absolutely no idea. Truth be told, Duran wouldn't be starting games ahead of Jackson for me. I also don't rate Jackson that highly. 

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Fofana wasn't on Todd Boehly's Football Manager wonderkid list that he downloaded off the internet.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

at least we wont have to put up with those stupid Duran Duran puns if he goes

You should have said something

Now come on everyone, no more puns, it makes him wild, boys 

40 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Fofana wasn't on Todd Boehly's Football Manager wonderkid list that he downloaded off the internet.

Or he doesn't know they have 2 Fofana's and is confusing him with their always injured CB.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, picicata said:

You should have said something

Now come on everyone, no more puns, it makes him wild, boys 

This is Planet Earth. We are Notorious for our love of silly puns! Without them it would be such an Ordinary World!……… I could go on 🙂

Yeah I'd take the money and run. We have a very tactical coach and Duran (yet at least) doesn't seem like a system player. Obviously has raw talent but if Chelsea are willing to pony up close to what is reported I think we can use that money for better stuff.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â