Jhon Durán

PieFacE

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s not us who’s created that perception though is it. It’s not just been made up by fans.

It largely is. 

fans added, Jhon’s on field emotional expressions, his Twitter antics and John Mcginn’s post match comments and came up with “bad attitude” and it’s snowballed from there 

• Confused 1

Cant say I'm thrilled about losing him. This kid has something about him and could end up looking like a bargain for Chelsea.
Yeah, I get he's a maverick or challenging character. But he's very young too. Sometimes that excess "spirit" can be channelled in the right way by great managers like we have.
But if its been decided that he's off, so be it.

My daughter will be gutted. Her first game was Palace at home this year and Duran came on and turned that game around for us. She even named her Villa teddy - bought after the match in the club shop - Duran.
She'll learn not to get too attached to players though. Enjoy them while they're here, and cherish any memories they give you. There'll be another batch along before you can blink.

If you're off, good luck kid. Stay away from the bright lights and behave yourself and you can be a superstar. But do not score against us.

7 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I'd say we'll have all sorts of add-ons to the fee in case he does turn out to be sensational.

Yes - a cheeky sell-on clause would be wise here.

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I’ve got an old dresser that’s risky and unreliable but has massive potential upside. I was going to take it to the tip, but Chelsea can have it for £3.6m. Deal on table. Dresser is eager to move. 

Did it lead its league in socks stored per 90 minutes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Aidos jhon. His behaviour loving off eveeything chelsea leaves abit of a sour taste and abit of disrespect to our fans.

I think he will be easier to replace than luiz

McGinn didn't say 'come on big man, have a bit more respect' for a joke, as some on here thought.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It largely is. 

fans added, Jhon’s on field emotional expressions, his Twitter antics and John Mcginn’s post match comments and came up with “bad attitude” and it’s snowballed from there 

What else do you want? Public comments from a teammate not enough?

Yeah I'll be a bit gutted to see him go, however it appears he is simply too much of a headache.

Also, it now makes the Chelsea liking spree I was defending him on, looks like it actually was what it said on the tin.

So he can piss off as.long as we are handsomely compensated.

Knowing our luck, Ollie will get an injury on international duty as soon as the deal is confirmed 🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

What else do you want? Public comments from a teammate not enough?

1 player saying “he’s a nightmare to play with” “he doesn’t even know he’s in Birmingham”  could be read as a bad attitude, could be read as stupid, or just a pure maverick 

his age, being in another country with a different language, trying to impress as a footballer. Implies he’s a bit of them all, not just one entirely 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Once people decide a player has a bad attitude, everything gets framed that way and it's very hard to change the perception

I'm not one of those, and even argued with people on here and elsewhere in his defence.

However dots.connect and sometimes you just have to call it for what it is.

Maybe he doesn't have a terrible attitude, but just doesn't want to be here anymore? Wants more money, wants to be the main man etc?

Whichever way we slice it, equals the same outcome.

• Like 2

I liked Jhon Durán, but agreed he is a bit rogue and liking the Chelsea content is going to annoy fans.

Durán could be the next Balotelli or the next Drogba; really not sure if Chelsea is the best move for him though.

11 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

1 player saying “he’s a nightmare to play with” “he doesn’t even know he’s in Birmingham”  could be read as a bad attitude, could be read as stupid, or just a pure maverick 

his age, being in another country with a different language, trying to impress as a footballer. Implies he’s a bit of them all, not just one entirely 

What about 'sometimes you think, come on big man, have a bit more respect'?

I agree that 'he doesn't even know he's in Birmingham' means fa, but that's not what I'm referring to.

• Like 1

Â