Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Aidos jhon. His behaviour loving off eveeything chelsea leaves abit of a sour taste and abit of disrespect to our fans.

I think he will be easier to replace than luiz

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Really not bothered by this deal. £42m is a great price for him, and it allows us more room to manoeuvre this summer.

Agreed.

There's certainly a chance Duran comes very, very good though.  He's got all the attributes.  But, right now, we can't be gambling on that when there's a, what, £32m-ish profit to be made?  We need that right now.

• Like 2

I'll be honest I'll be sad to see him leave, just based on the eye test it's obvious he has every physical attribute you could want, pace, strength, aggression,  he can finish, and has that ability to really connect with the ball.

His limit will be his discipline, if he can learn to better follow instruction and channel his disruptive energy into the opposition instead of his team mates he will be world class.

I personally would like to see that at villa.

• Like 1

Could be awesome, but his character suggests neither player or club has the patience to develop him. Sometime things dont work out or the timing is wrong, and in this instance its a personality flaw that has prevented it from working out. 

The Chelsea strategy might work eventually, they are on a different path, but it could be disastrous too. Happy to walk a sensible, sustainable road while still maintaining a solid, upward trajectory. We will replace him with some one who offers the club more now when we need it, think Albert Adomah arriving for Adamah Traore.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

If 40 mil is correct that would be a stunning piece of business for a player who has been with us for less than 2 years and has larger been reduced to  a series of entertaining cameos.  He has been fun to watch but if he wants to leave then so be it. I can't see him being consistent enough to be  world class player he is just too nuts. Touch of the Balotelli about him.

• Like 1

I've got no doubt he's talented, and his goals were important for our campaign - but I've got no affinity to him. He's not really done anything to connect with the supporters.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

My cousin who supports Chelsea sent me this ITK page, seems like it’s a done deal if this person is right…

How feck Chelsea able to spend?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

My cousin who supports Chelsea sent me this ITK page, seems like it’s a done deal if this person is right…

He's just copying what our good friend agentbosh said :trollface:

• Haha 2

Just now, HeyAnty said:

How feck Chelsea able to spend?  

By selling their hotel back to themselves essentially, plus they are shifting Omari Hutchinson and Broja for about £60 mill combined which is insane imo.

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I've got no doubt he's talented, and his goals were important for our campaign - but I've got no affinity to him. He's not really done anything to connect with the supporters.

This is simply not true, every home game he passes the ball amongst all the young mascots during the warm-up before the game, no other player has done this, and he's done similar with the ball boys at half-time as well, he waves to fans, celebrated that goal in europe about 20 times... Weirdly people just choose to forget those kinds of things about him, and just run with the current narrative that he's totally mental and has no affinity to the club whatsoever. I think he's had a hard time fitting in, which is understandable as he's a young kid in a foreign country, used to being fast-tracked his whole career and being the main man, now just a bit part player, very few in the squad around his age, people seem to just ignore all of this and expect him to be some uber professional like a seasoned pro, not everybody finds that mindset so easy at his age.

I think the sale at the prices being mentioned is a good deal for everyone, I just don't think he's this uncontrollable, ungrateful lunatic that needs shoving out the door. I think with help, support, patience, and guidance he could become a really really good player, if he gets that at Chelsea remains to be seen, but he should at least get a bit more game time and looking at Chelsea's squad a group of players closer to his own age to integrate with. 

• Like 4

Once people decide a player has a bad attitude, everything gets framed that way and it's very hard to change the perception

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Once people decide a player has a bad attitude, everything gets framed that way and it's very hard to change the perception

Hard to ignore when the evidence is so compelling.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It’s not us who’s created that perception though is it. It’s not just been made up by fans.

• Like 2

Â