Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Anything above 40m for him i think that is fantastic business for us. He is just potential right now. This gives us the chance to bring in some real quality- clears our FFP issues and probably means we can get gallagher

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spoony said:

£50m is insane money let’s be real. I’d take that in a heartbeat. 

10,026,208,751.98 Yen is a superb return on Jhon. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Chelsea don't have a manager, they have a head coach.

Fair point and probably where they are going wrong. You’d never see the likes of Pep, Arteta and Klopp let a player be signed without their nod of approval. 

Anyway back on topic. No issue with selling Duran. Obviously need a replacement though. 

I really struggle to imagine anyone with a personality like him being consistent and reaching a top level. Given our precarious position I'd take 35m+ any day of the week over rolling the dice to see if he might make the step up. Then again I have no idea what he's really like behind the curtain so it's impossible to judge.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anything above 40m for him i think that is fantastic business for us. He is just potential right now. This gives us the chance to bring in some real quality- clears our FFP issues and probably means we can get gallagher

I'd snap your hand off for £40m+, especially since he won;t suit their possession based system.

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

10,026,208,751.98 Yen is a superb return on Jhon. 

“Chelsea avoid FFP penalties by purchasing Colombian star using Japanese Yen”

Boehly confirms “we are legally a sushi restaurant for tax purposes”

Edited by Spoony
  • Haha 3

50 million euros ....An older Tammy Abraham for 25 million ....?

If Jhon goes on to be a world beater or Ballotelli its likely Villa/Unai made the right call at the time with the information they had. 

I do quite like the Columbian lunatic though ha!

Reported figures seem good money, too good to turn down in our current situation, I'd hope there's some kind of sell-on clause, just in case, because the potential is certainly there in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if Monchi tried to throw in a buy-back clause as well, he seems to love those.

I think it's a good move for all concerned really, Duran needs to be playing games if he's going to improve, he's not going to be happy spending another season stuck behind Ollie, and weirdly there's more chance of game time for him at Chelsea. Chelsea want young, high-potential players and Duran is exactly that. We need the money to re-shape our squad, though it's not that easy to find backup forwards of real quality, so it might be a case of filling the gap with someone who can play across the front line rather than a dedicated forward.

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Well this would suck. Felt this guy has that X-factor that you cannot coach. 

Not just the X-factor that cannot be coached with this guy - and that’s the problem. 

He’s still only young though, lots of maturing to do.

Cant help but feel this would be a transfer sale we come to regret massively.

Only time will tell, but for my eye test, he could go on to be one of the top strikers in world football in 5 years 

• Like 1

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Only time will tell, but for my eye test, he could go on to be one of the top strikers in world football in 5 years 

If this happens, I will give you £10,000.00.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I can't see it personally, not the way modern football is played.  He would have been a world beater if he played during the late 90s/early 00s though.  

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

This is why we need to get a percentage of future sales..

Me personally.. i dont think he is ready for that London lifestyle, he could barely manage the West Midlands lol..

Being driven everywhere will push him to the brink!

The problem with Duran right now is that you cannot build a system around him, he’s too maverick, too individual, I think that was made evidently clear in the post match comments from McGinn after the 3-3 with Liverpool.

He may come good, that may happen next season or in 3+ years time, he might never get there. Undoubtedly talented, able to score special goals, but if you cannot trust him to carry out team instructions then it creates a risk.

Â