Jhon Durán

PieFacE

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Be gutted with this. Potential to be an incredible prem striker is huge.

Potential I agree but just never got the feeling he’s the type that would ever fulfil that potential.  Reminds me of that kind of player that moves a lot and every manager thinks they’ll be able to unlock that potential like Zaniolo in a way, they’ll just really drift throughout their career with a few, very few, highlight moments.  I really hope I’m wrong and he becomes class but I think we take the profit and find a player we need now not what remotely could be.

• Like 1

Hopefully Ornstein or another UK journalist backs this rumour up today. I did think once it was reported Sesko wasn't going to leave this summer yesterday morning Chelsea would move onto Duran. 

He needs games to develop. He'd have played a bit more with us next year but he's not going to displace Ollie. Would have liked to see him stay and will be fascinated to see how he gets on, but can't turn down that money. 

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Potential I agree but just never got the feeling he’s the type that would ever fulfil that potential.  Reminds me of that kind of player that moves a lot and every manager thinks they’ll be able to unlock that potential like Zaniolo in a way, they’ll just really drift throughout their career with a few, very few, highlight moments.  I really hope I’m wrong and he becomes class but I think we take the profit and find a player we need now not what remotely could be.

Yep, agree completely. Although liking those tweets shows he's been desperate for the Chelsea move so I couldn't care less what he goes on to achieve now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

”Cannot coach” keywords there. Doesn’t seem easy to handle. Nice challenge for Maresca.

People talk about how he can't be coached like he is some maverick rebel who only thrives on instinct and pure footballing godliness

Whereas I genuinely think he is too thick to understand the intricacies of what emery is demanding from him

Happy for him to go - especially at the quoted price. I imagine there will be times in the future when he scores a few bangers or goes on a goalscoring run when we will feel resentful or sad that we sold . But on the whole a player who understands and can fit in with the emery style will be much more beneficial

This one is a total no-brainer.

He has a high goals per minute ratio, just the kind of stat the 'brains' at Chelsea will be all over. 

Edited by Mr_Dogg

16 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I get this is the modern way for some clubs but it really makes no sense to me. Surely a manger should have an input on the players he wants to manage. 

Chelsea don't have a manager, they have a head coach.

At the rumoured price I’d definitely sell and then pray shifting Cash and Moreno means we can keep Dougie or at least demand his actual value. 

If we look at this objectively, selling for this fee is good business, regardless of the FFP stuff. 

He has talent but he hasn’t got near Ollie and isn’t real competition for him. His goal contributions have been important, but I’d argue that we look far less of an Emery team when he comes on. I don’t think he’s developed to where Unai and the staff wanted him to be by now. 

He has so much potential, but he isn’t a system player. And whatever we think of individuals, it is Unai and co’s system that got us here. 

While Jhon has clearly had his eye on Chelsea for some time, I’m afraid they just aren’t the right move for him. They turnover managers so quickly that he could just as easily finding his star on the wane as he could it rising. While some managers like a maverick, not all do. 

Get him sold. I do think he could go on to be a top player, and the 42m would look like a bargain bit there's way too many question marks about this guy for me. He could go on to be a 90m player and he could go on to play for Besiktas and a dozen other clubs by he's 28th birthday.

Get that money in the bank account. It's a win and it will always be a win.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I’d sell him for good money. 

We’re basing our team on hard workers/grafters that have a stable mindset. Stay away from the Duran and Grealish players from now on. 

You don’t think Grealish is a hard worker? Interesting. 

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Guaranteed he'll be sent off at least 3 times if he's playing in the first team.

Before Christmas

Â