Jhon Durán

PieFacE

No surprises here. Has wanted out for a long time.

PSR is obviously a concern (obvious because of our 120m loss last year) and we’re getting our business done early. Duran has booked us a nice profit. Good deal all round. 

• Like 2

Just now, Made In Aston said:

I think he is implying that there is a chance Gallagher will move to us as part of the deal.

The reason I think this might be the case is because I think that fee is slightly inflated. I never expected us to get north of £40m.

Gallagher coming the other way for £45-50m seems logical and given we have ties with the owners, both clubs are ‘helping’ each other out 

• Like 2

Gallagher in our squad will offer more than Duran so if the deal happens to fall that way with Duran going there and Gallagher coming here then it's good business all round. 

• Like 2

anything north of 40m for him is good business. 25m+ of profit in a year for a player who's wanted out since the day he joined it's felt like. just always seems to be a bit of drama around him so a move is probably for the best

does leave us light in attack though so even if we use the cash to buy gallagher i do feel like we need another forward...unless we just keep archer i guess

We’ve had a good return from him but I think Emery can use that money in a much more productive way…I think he will develop into a good, solid, premier league level striker, not quite top class though…they can’t all be world beaters after all. Jackson got 14 goals last season and is still quite young, I also think Chelsea will be looking to bring in someone and they also have nkunku….i liked the look of David datro fofana who was on loan at Burnley last year, he could be a good option maybe we can make a deal…let’s get peak value for him now, I don’t see him becoming a star at Chelsea 

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

anything north of 40m for him is good business. 25m+ of profit in a year for a player who's wanted out since the day he joined it's felt like. just always seems to be a bit of drama around him so a move is probably for the best

does leave us light in attack though so even if we use the cash to buy gallagher i do feel like we need another forward...unless we just keep archer i guess

I have a suspicion Rogers may be used there more next season too. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The reason I think this might be the case is because I think that fee is slightly inflated. I never expected us to get north of £40m.

Gallagher coming the other way for £45-50m seems logical and given we have ties with the owners, both clubs are ‘helping’ each other out 

What’s stopping two teams selling each other a player for the same price, and then amortising the fees? Another way around PSR?

There's no way we wouldn't sign another striker if he was sold, but I think it would be another prospect rather than an established name, I saw George Ilenikhena being talked about as a potetial replacement the other day, but not sure if that was a genuine link, or just fans speculating

Just now, duke313 said:

What’s stopping two teams selling each other a player for the same price, and then amortising the fees? Another way around PSR?

You mean like juve and Barca with Arthur and Pjanic?

Almost certain morata has had about 4 of those transfers by now too

• Like 1

You must always remember Unai promoted Saka ESR and Gabriel /Saliba (can't remember which one ) to the first team. If he thinks it's good for the club to let a youngster go, well I trust him.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Anyone wondering why Duran wants to go there to sit behind Jackson and not play champions league... he's a Chelsea fan. 

I mean he would not play CL unless Watkins gets injured so pretty much moot 

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

I mean he would not play CL unless Watkins gets injured so pretty much moot 

Fairly sure he'd get minutes in it if he stayed. But I was just responding to a few posts that has used that as a reason to question why he'd go there.

• Like 1

Â