Jhon Durán

PieFacE

38 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We're gonna look back and wish we got more for Jhon "The Nightmare" Durán.

I think we will look back with exactly the same smugness as we do with Cukuwanka. 

Perfect Chelsea player, drastically overrated with a bad attitude. 

• Like 2

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

I think we will look back with exactly the same smugness as we do with Cukuwanka. 

I think he has the ability to be an elite striker, physically and technically.

Temprement and consistent attitude? Not so much. Depends who his replacement is. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They aint paying 40m for duran - i would imagine if a deal os struck will be around 30m mark

Depends if there is a book cooking option there - if Duran goes for 40m with Gallagher going the opposite way for the same price, does this work out well for both teams in terms of PSR/FFP?

Just now, lexicon said:

Depends if there is a book cooking option there - if Duran goes for 40m with Gallagher going the opposite way for the same price, does this work out well for both teams in terms of PSR/FFP?

Yes

Be gutted if he goes as I think he is super talented but clear he doesn’t want to be here. If we can get near £40m and get say Ihenacho and/or Abraham then that’s pretty good business. 

• Like 1

I do like Duran and he is a huge, raw talent but I don't like certain aspects of his attitude. 

Yes, he's still very young, but he's playing 2nd fiddle to one of the best Villa strikers of the past 30 years. I don't think he quite gets that. 

If Chelsea wanna cough up £30-£40mill, I'd take the money and run. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think he has the ability to be an elite striker, physically and technically.

Temprement and consistent attitude? Not so much. Depends who his replacement is. 

Aside from 3 moments of excellence, I've seen absolutely nothing in his game to suggest he will ever be an elite player. All this talk of him "clearly" having a high ceiling is just hyperbole in my view. It's not "clear" to me and I have been watching football like many of us, for a very long time.

Additionally, we don't want or need "nightmare" players in our squad. I hope we sell him and especially to Chelsea. I will laugh my balls off if they pay 30m for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Aside from 3 moments of excellence, I've seen absolutely nothing in his game to suggest he will ever be an elite player. All this talk of him "clearly" having a high ceiling is just hyperbole in my view. It's not "clear" to me and I have been watching football like many of us, for a very long time.

I can see why people say it. Was he even 20 when he did this in a pressure situation in the PL?

Additionally, we don't want or need "nightmare" players in our squad. I hope we sell him and especially to Chelsea. I will laugh my balls off if they pay 30m for him.

But I do agree with you here.

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

I can see why people say it. Was he even 20 when he did this in a pressure situation in the PL?

But I do agree with you here.

I can't view the video in the country I am in currently so no idea what it is, but if it's one moment of excellence then I've already granted him that. His overall game is nowhere near PL standard though and I really don't see him making it at this level, never mind being "elite".

19 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

He won't get anywhere near being Balotelli mark II. As I've posted before, Balotelli has won an absolute bucket load of personal awards as well as trophies and was a tremendous footballer. 

Duran will do none of the above and isn't PL level in my opinion. I would absolutely take 20 to 30m for him. And we will.

Still missing the point I see, he could go either way and the reality is, nobody knows as it is entirely down to him 

• Like 1

Just now, macandally said:

Still missing the point I see, he could go either way and the reality is, nobody knows as it is entirely down to him 

No I am not missing any "point". You are though. I have said I don't see this so called high ceiling. That's what I have said.

You have said he could go either way. Which is true, he "could". That does not in any way show that my not seeing this high ceiling is me "missing the point".

You do love a good strawman.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

They aint paying 40m for duran - i would imagine if a deal os struck will be around 30m mark

Why wouldn’t they? Archer went for £25m, Duran is twice the player.

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

I agree. Decent player but I don’t get the hype either. He’s had moments but then so did Archer at Sheffield United. Honestly feel if Archer had a whole season with us last season he would have had his moments too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I do like Duran and he is a huge, raw talent but I don't like certain aspects of his attitude. 

Yes, he's still very young, but he's playing 2nd fiddle to one of the best Villa strikers of the past 30 years. I don't think he quite gets that. 

If Chelsea wanna cough up £30-£40mill, I'd take the money and run. 

and he will almost certainly play second fiddle at Chelsea to Jackson 

which makes it all the more strange he wants to go there  

• Like 1

From a purely cold business standpoint, if we manage to move him on for a massive profit, it's somewhat a " success ".

Would prefer him to stay but it is what it is.

With Monchi and Unai, I expect.our future business will be alot more clinical and better value both coming in and going out.

After we get rid of all deadwood.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â