Jhon Durán

PieFacE

54 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

We have such weird stats for a club of our stature that have been in the league for as long as we have. What do you mean we have just 1 player who scored more than 8 goals as a sub in 32 years?

• Like 4

Genuine question and perhaps one for further into the season, but if we can only keep one of Duran or Watkins going into next season who would you keep?  Big question and not sure of the answer at this point?

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Genuine question and perhaps one for further into the season, but if we can only keep one of Duran or Watkins going into next season who would you keep?  Big question and not sure of the answer at this point?

Got to be Duran, as much as I like Watkins. Watkins will be worth probably 80-100 next summer. And will be 28/29. He will likely have 3 more years as a top player. But Duran could be the best striker in the world in 5 years. Assuming you can get him to sign a contract extension, you have to keep Duran. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

From a PSR standpoint it's a no brainier. You keep Duran and sell Watkins at the peak of his value. Thankfully both have 3+ years to run on their deals so we won't have to even think about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

From a PSR standpoint it's a no brainier. You keep Duran and sell Watkins at the peak of his value. Thankfully both have 3+ years to run on their deals so we won't have to even think about it. 

I think we will next summer though, as we won’t be able to keep both happy.

Just now, ferguson1 said:

I think we will next summer though, as we won’t be able to keep both happy.

If we are in Europe next season then it won't be an issue. That's 60+ games if we have a decent run in either domestic cup. 

Also, in the PSR era every player has a price. If a clubs wants to pay 80-100 million it would take to get us to sell then we will happily reinvest and come out stronger next year. 

47 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I’d need to see Duran effective as a starter for a good run of matches before I would consider him as the main attacking option for our future. Also worth noting in the very recent past Duran wanted to be anywhere but at our club so it’s hard to fully trust him vs. a proven servant to the club like Watkins.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I choose...

Jhollie Wuran

• Haha 2

At the moment I’d still keep Watkins, but if Duran keeps playing like this then I might change my mind.

But I really don’t think it’d be impossible to keep both players happy. If they’re both firing on all cylinders, they’re good enough players that we might build the team around having both of them on the pitch.

Right now, Watkins is just a more complete player and does the little things better. Furthermore, maybe Duran is best coming off the bench like Solsjkaer was. Not to say that he will accept that in the long term.

That said, Duran is showing signs of improving on the little things. I was impressed how he won the ball back to then set up our first goal today. Like Rogers and probably Nedeljkovic, his still young and his best years are yet to come. 3 years from now, he may be the better choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Wouldn't want to loose either to be honest. Maybe Emery will find a way of playing them both together from the start. Right now there's no better impact Sub in English football than Duran. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Why? They'll both feature in about 40 games this season premier league and champions league. 

Just don’t see us being able to keep both happy beyond this season. No top side has two top strikers/forwards because of the issue of wanting to be the main man. 

• Like 1

I don't see why they can't share the role, when Duran proves himself from the start of a game then we just take it in turn to sub him or Ollie on at 60 mins. Keeps both fit and firing for the whole campaign. Duran demands more time on the pitch, give it to him.

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

At the moment I’d still keep Watkins, but if Duran keeps playing like this then I might change my mind.

But I really don’t think it’d be impossible to keep both players happy. If they’re both firing on all cylinders, they’re good enough players that we might build the team around having both of them on the pitch.

And if we can't you'd go for the younger one 

• Like 1

Another game another goal. His goal to minute ratio is insane. 
He got lucky in the build up to the Ollie goal, but he is always a menace. 
Still think he could beat Ollie to that elusive 20 league goals, even without starting. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â