Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I will miss Duran a bit as it was always fun/chaos when he came on and you never knew if you'd get a screamer, a booking or a scuffle.

He's clearly got some ability and physical attributes but it's far from guaranteed he's going to be a top player, he could very easily end up as a Colombian Carlton Cole (with a bit of Balotelli thrown in). 

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Not a player as part of the deal?

Sounds like they wanted to include the youngster Orford as part of the deal but we would rather have £

• Shocked 1

Still a wee bit gutted to be losing both the chaos twins in one window

What we gonna do now - bring on professional players who can follow instructions, not get carded and win the game through legitimate great ability and gameplay?!?! Rubbish. Monchi out

• Like 1

This has definitely added an additional layer of spice to the first game of the season hasn’t it?

Duran also seems the type of guy to throw up the Zulu “Z” at our fans if he scores.

2 hours ago, MSvillain said:

West Ham ITK; Monchi’s big cojones paying off! 
£25m of that sweet PSR Profit 

IMG_9980.thumb.jpeg.c04bdadb51099152ece0c3b01ba6014c.jpeg

If it was FFP related we'd want a player so we can maximise the book sale value. So he's talking bs. 

I still think it'll be £35m + player + sell on

Looking at it coldly - which is surely how Monchi will do it:

- Duran has been with us since January 2023.

- Watkins has grown into one of the best forwards in Europe

- Duran hasn’t taken the step up that we hoped. still v v rough despite eighteen months of elite coaching

- Duran shows signs of being so erratic that the usually reserved captain is publicly commenting on it 

- Duran clearly wants a move and has an agent who is increasingly aggressive 

Sale is best for everyone. 

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If it was FFP related we'd want a player so we can maximise the book sale value. So he's talking bs. 

I still think it'll be £35m + player + sell on

I dont care as long as West 'Am feel fleeced!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

This has definitely added an additional layer of spice to the first game of the season hasn’t it?

Duran also seems the type of guy to throw up the Zulu “Z” at our fans if he scores.

What does the Zulu "Z" mean? 

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Looking at it coldly - which is surely how Monchi will do it:

- Duran has been with us since January 2023.

- Watkins has grown into one of the best forwards in Europe

- Duran hasn’t taken the step up that we hoped. still v v rough despite eighteen months of elite coaching

- Duran shows signs of being so erratic that the usually reserved captain is publicly commenting on it 

- Duran clearly wants a move and has an agent who is increasingly aggressive 

Sale is best for everyone. 

And we need to book a bunch of profits this season as Jack rolls off the books. Diaby and Duran help this a lot. We still need more though I think but might leave that for fun with our friends next June. Just give Chelsea a call 

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I dont care as long as West 'Am feel fleeced!

I think he'll do superb for them next season. He needs regular game time and to be the No1. Also helps when a manager wants you and wants to spend a lot of money to get you. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think he'll do superb for them next season. He needs regular game time and to be the No1. 

I agree, but that will be when the pain starts for West Ham.

Just imagine what he will be like when he starts to do well!

Im glad we will be out of it!

Edited by Nigel

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think he'll do superb for them next season. He needs regular game time and to be the No1. Also helps when a manager wants you and wants to spend a lot of money to get you. 

And me 

In he starts 30+ games he'll get double figures 

He's a good signing for them, for that value and us having Ollie he's a good sale for us

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And me 

In he starts 30+ games he'll get double figures 

He's a good signing for them, for that value and us having Ollie he's a good sale for us

Not trying to make a habit or anything, but if Duran starts 30 league matches for West Ham he doesn't score 10 goals... He has talent no doubt, but the mixture of his arrogance and his new club's arrogance it will dulled and diminished... Look at the attacking talent they have had previously 

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Not trying to make a habit or anything, but if Duran starts 30 league matches for West Ham he doesn't score 10 goals... He has talent no doubt, but the mixture of his arrogance and his new club's arrogance it will dulled and diminished... Look at the attacking talent they have had previously 

He scored 5 in 3 starts and 20 sub appearances for us

If he starts, which is the big if but he's up against Ings and Antonio, he will score and do well

He'll be a good signing for them 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Very true West Ham be calling it a derby game next 🙄

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He scored 5 in 3 starts and 20 sub appearances for us

If he starts, which is the big if but he's up against Ings and Antonio, he will score and do well

He'll be a good signing for them 

Happy to see how this plays out, if I'm wrong I'll admit it, we made him look good as much as he is talented. West Ham I don't rate, nor do I rate their manager.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â