Jhon Durán

PieFacE

5 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I’d be happy if we kept big Jhon. I don’t ever remember seeing another 20 year old target man as good as him. He’s got talent to burn and his wages won’t be massive. If and it’s a big if, he’s happy to stay, then I’d be delighted to keep him for another season. We can sell him for £50m next summer.

I don’t think he’ll progress like we hope and therefore we should sell him this summer if we can.

Duran’s gonna piss this away and I look forward to another season of him following and unfollowing the club on socials with the intermittency of hummingbird wing flaps

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Just buy Durán!

It seems that’s it for Duran going there. I don’t mind keeping Duran though, if we can sell Cash, Dendonker  and release Coutinho and Chambers. Will save us some fund so we don’t need to get a new striker.

However, 40m for Duran we could get David for 25m, I think that would be much better, I don’t think it will be tough to find a good replacement.

7 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

If not Chelsea, I’d be amazed if he’s still at Villa at the end of the transfer window.

If Chelsea baulked at his demands I can’t see there being any takers at that level! I reckon it’ll be Chelsea once he backs down a bit as he’s been fluttering his eye lashes at them for months. 

6 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

If Chelsea baulked at his demands I can’t see there being any takers at that level! I reckon it’ll be Chelsea once he backs down a bit as he’s been fluttering his eye lashes at them for months. 

Perhaps Saudi would be perfect for him.

If Durán can’t get his head together under one of the worlds best coaches (Unai obvs) then we need to get shot. There’s a ton of raw potential but if he can’t apply let’s hope we can cash in.

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Perhaps Saudi would be perfect for him.

Spot on, he could retire at 22 😉

• Like 1

Duran asked for 150k a week, Chelsea said **** off, and Emery not happy with him at all apparently. Guess we'll see when it comes to pre-season if that's true, if Emery tries to bomb squad him or not.

• Like 1

Chelsea might not be the only option for Duran… can’t see an Italian or Spanish club stumping up the necessary fee though…

This was posted back at the start of the month:

Edited by Jas10

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It will be a disaster if we end up stuck with him. Best get rid this summer. 

Massive hyperbole that for me. If we end up stuck with him he’ll do fine and score more goals for us next season than last one. If we sell him and bring in some cash that’s good too. But it’s fine either way.

Not sure I'd buy an unknown in David, in terms of playing in the Premier League ahead of a young guy like Duran, who has scored goals and is now settled into the rigours of the Prem.  Buying David is sheer speculation and a massive gamble. 

Edited by STO
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, STO said:

Not sure I'd buy an unknown in David, in terms of playing in the Premier League ahead of a young guy like Duran, who has scored goals and is now settled into the rigours of the Prem.  Buying David is sheer speculation and a massive gamble. 

Yeah, they’d be much better off with a dependable, humble team player like Jhon.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â