Jhon Durán

PieFacE

If you read the actual article all it says is that Duran hasn't agreed personal terms yet, the part about Duran needing to lower his wage demands is just the journalist guessing as to why personal terms haven't been agreed yet, hence the 'may' in he 'may have to lower his wage demands', the article isn't outright saying that that's the issue

Also Romano said last night that Duran has given the deal the 'green light', but we haven't given the deal the 'green light' yet, we're apparently difficult to deal with, and the transfer has to be a swap deal

The main threat to the deal is probably Chelsea deciding to for a different striker, might depend on how much Atletico are willing to accept for Omorodion, and if Chelsea are willing to pay for it, Atletico already turned down an offer worth £40m and Romano saying Chelsea won't pay his £80m release clause, and the player himself isn't desperate to leave, so that one will probably be quite expensive, I guess will come down to whether Chelsea think it's worth it versus whatever they would have to pay for Duran

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

If it's all true then he's coming across as a bit of a knob, I personally wouldn't touch him. Acting like a big time charlie 

By rejecting a transfer to a club lower down the table?

Most players would be asking more in that situation

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

By rejecting a transfer to a club lower down the table?

Most players would be asking more in that situation

That he appears desperate to go to. He can't really demand anything yet, he's done f all

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Must be off to Chelsea… we’ve just signed Maatsen 😮 

Duran it seems just needs to accept Chelsea's contract offer. I assume he is so stupid he won't and they will move on from him. 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i wonder if he will go for a magical 37.5m......

straight PSR magic trick.

Hey Paul Daniels, can you explain this please?

5 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Hey Paul Daniels, can you explain this please?

do u rly want it explaining or u jokin?

dont mind explaining, just not sure if its a joke response or not?

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

do u rly want it explaining or u jokin?

dont mind explaining, just not sure if its a joke response or not?

Definitely keen for a genuine explanation. £37.5m seems like an arbitrary figure so I'm curious as to why it might be considered "magical?"

Cheers 👍

Edited by Tubby

7 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Definitely keen for the genuine explanation. Cheers 👍

cool np.

example.

I buy a player from Tubby FC for 5m, i amortise that over the maximum 5 years, so the book cost is actually only 1m a year, so this year i spent 1m.

Tubby FC buys a player from MaVilla FC for 5m, you amortise that over the maximum 5 years, so the book cost is actually only 1m a year, so this year you spent 1m.

In both scenarios we choose to book ALL the profit in this year, so on paper, both you and i made 5m in sales, booked as 5m, but we both only spent 1m, so on paper, we both made 4m profit.

Obviously this kicks the cost can down the road, and we will need to make sure we can afford to cover these costs later, but as of right now, we both made a sweet 4m each THIS YEAR, even though we bought a player off each other for 5m, so in theory....a net of nothing, but we just turned it in to a 4m profit.

Its a bit like the PSR pyramid scheme.....

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

cool np.

example.

I buy a player from Tubby FC for 5m, i amortise that over the maximum 5 years, so the book cost is actually only 1m a year, so this year i spent 1m.

Tubby FC buys a player from MaVilla FC for 5m, you amortise that over the maximum 5 years, so the book cost is actually only 1m a year, so this year you spent 1m.

In both scenarios we choose to book ALL the profit in this year, so on paper, both you and i made 5m in sales, booked as 5m, but we both only spent 1m, so on paper, we both made 4m profit.

Obviously this kicks the cost can down the road, and we will need to make sure we can afford to cover these costs later, but as of right now, we both made a sweet 4m each THIS YEAR, even though we bought a player off each other for 5m, so in theory....a net of nothing.

I see, so was the £37.5m fee relative to what Chelsea would pay for Duran in this scenario? Not that it is otherwise a particularly special number?

4 minutes ago, Tubby said:

I see, so was the £37.5m fee relative to what Chelsea would pay for Duran in this scenario? Not that it is otherwise a particularly special number?

Basically, the rumour is we are paying 37.5m for Maatsen, i said it would be ironic if Chelsea magically paid 37.5m as well for Duran (ie: a clear PSR trick).

So, we pay 37.5m for Maatsen, amortised over 5 years, so 7.5m spent this year.

They pay 37.5m for Duran, amortise over 5 years, so 7.5m spent this year.

Both clubs book all the profit this year, so its a book 30m profit for both clubs right now (37.5m income, minus 7.5m spent when amortised over 5 years)

its like a PSR, you scratch my back, i will scratch yours.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â