Jhon Durán

PieFacE

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I liked Jhon Durán, but agreed he is a bit rogue and liking the Chelsea content is going to annoy fans.

Durán could be the next Balotelli or the next Drogba; really not sure if Chelsea is the best move for him though.

It really isn't, down to the style of football and player/manager turnover, a completely unstable environment. 

He'll also be competing with Jackson for a starting place, who's only 2 years older than him.  How do you give both of them the game time they need to develop? At least here, Watkins is 28, so you would continue to develop until you surpassed him and then replaced him.

But, we can't turn that money down, so off he goes.

Just now, Tom13 said:

What about 'sometimes you think, come on big man, have a bit more respect'?

I agree that 'he doesn't even know he's in Birmingham' means fa, but that's not what I'm referring to.

in what context did he say it? As of JV, I missed that line too 

If we can sell a fringe player who's played a bit part role so far for 40m+ that would be incredible business for us.

He has potential but no guarantees he reaches that and we have pressing needs in the now.

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

in what context did he say it? As of JV, I missed that line too 

I can't seem to find the video clip now, I have seen it before though, but there's the quote.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

What else do you want? Public comments from a teammate not enough?

You mean these comments?

"Big Jhon, he's a bit nuts, he's a nightmare sometimes to have in your team, but he's got moments of quality, the second one wasn't quality, but the first one was a top finish, we'll need to keep his feet on the ground the next couple of days." - McGinn

I mean, "a bit nuts" is endearing as much as anything, and "he's a nightmare sometimes to have in your team" isn't exactly saying string him up now is it? To me, overall, he's saying you have to take the rough with the smooth with Duran.

Those comments tell me that Duran is a character that is maybe a little harder to work with than other seasoned pro's, that's it, and that is to be expected.

Maybe these?

Jhon doesn't have a scooby who they [Duran Duran] are. He does not have a clue. I mean Jhon I don't even think he knows he's actually in the city of Birmingham never mind who Duran Duran are. But, he's such a raw player, some days you think what a good boy, some days you think come on big man have a bit more respect. But he has everything to be one of the top strikers in the world and hopefully he can do that here.

"some days you think what a good boy, some days you think come on big man have a bit more respect" Ramsey was also told to have some respect by Konsa when we qualified for Europe if you remember? It's almost as if kids do need to learn respect sometimes, not to mention any cultural differences Duran needs to learn. I think McGinn just struggles to understand Jhons character, possibly in part because of the age gap and that is fine, it takes all sorts to create a team and a squad, if everyone was the same it would be boring, not everyone has to get along, also in these comments McGinn has praised him plenty as well, it seems like McGinn wants to praise him, to encourage him, but is aware he needs to keep his feet on the ground as well, and so tries to balance it with things less positive, but overall he's not saying he's bad, just different, a character.  

I just don't see these as he has a bad attitude and he's impossible to deal with, must get rid of him immediately, which is how some fans have taken them.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

You mean these comments?

I mean, "a bit nuts" is endearing as much as anything, and "he's a nightmare sometimes to have in your team" isn't exactly saying string him up now is it? To me, overall, he's saying you have to take the rough with the smooth with Duran.

Those comments tell me that Duran is a character that is maybe a little harder to work with than other seasoned pro's, that's it, and that is to be expected.

Maybe these?

"some days you think what a good boy, some days you think come on big man have a bit more respect" Ramsey was also told to have some respect by Konsa when we qualified for Europe if you remember? It's almost as if kids do need to learn respect sometimes, not to mention any cultural differences Duran needs to learn. I think McGinn just struggles to understand Jhons character, possibly in part because of the age gap and that is fine, it takes all sorts to create a team and a squad, if everyone was the same it would be boring, not everyone has to get along, also in these comments McGinn has praised him plenty as well, it seems like McGinn wants to praise him, to encourage him, but is aware he needs to keep his feet on the ground as well, and so tries to balance it with things less positive, but overall he's not saying he's bad, just different, a character.  

I just don't see these as he has a bad attitude and he's impossible to deal with, must get rid of him immediately, which is how some fans have taken them.

Toms linked the quote above. The bit about respect in toms post is spot on

26 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I can't seem to find the video clip now, I have seen it before though, but there's the quote.

Ok that implies a bit more. I just thought he’s a bit thick. But guess he has a twatty attitude too 

* another reread, the good boy and the more respect, could be in relation to his own game. Good boy for improving and being a better team player, and the more respect  might mean more respect for his own progression and team progression. 

Seems to fit better in context of the game and performance, particularly after declaring he’s “a raw player” as a caveat before saying that. It just random (and disrespectful) to give jhon digs after that game and performance. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Toms linked the quote above. The bit about respect in toms post is spot on

I also have it in the post you just quoted and I explained why I think it's being taken out of context

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Ok that implies a bit more. I just thought he’s a bit thick. But guess he has a twatty attitude too 

Will I sound an arsehole for believing it's a bit of both? 👀😬

He's never seemed emotionally intelligent to me whatsoever... But he's also young 😂 and I know and grew up with ppl like him... We'd refer to as " Wild Man "

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I also have it in the post you just quoted and I explained why I think it's being taken out of context

I can see why you think it is but i dont agree. It seems to be he is a bit all over the shop. Even emerys alluded to the potential and keeping him focused 

11 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

You mean these comments?

Maybe these?

Do you think Konsa or McGinn would mention that about Ramsey publicly? There's a difference between a response to one dumb comment (which was recorded and shared on social media by Douglas) and someone bringing it up unprompted in an interview.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I can see why you think it is but i dont agree. It seems to be he is a bit all over the shop. Even emerys alluded to the potential and keeping him focused 

Then we'll just have to disagree I'm afraid, perceptions can be different sometimes, I'm willing to give him a bit of leeway because he's young and still growing emotionally, I don't think McGinn's comments are bad, they just highlight that he's not the easiest to deal with, which as I say isn't unexpected when considering all the circumstances.

Unfortunately, not everyone sees it that way and some go well overboard, ignore all the positive things McGinn says, and just want the kid out of the club because he has a 'bad attitude'.

I think the deal being rumoured is good for everyone, I just don't see the need for the character assassination based on a few throwaway comments, but I've already been down this path in this thread before, I've no need to repeat myself further.

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Then we'll just have to disagree I'm afraid, perceptions can be different sometimes, I'm willing to give him a bit of leeway because he's young and still growing emotionally, I don't think McGinn's comments are bad, they just highlight that he's not the easiest to deal with, which as I say isn't unexpected when considering all the circumstances.

Unfortunately, not everyone sees it that way and some go well overboard, ignore all the positive things McGinn says, and just want the kid out of the club because he has a 'bad attitude'.

I think the deal being rumoured is good for everyone, I just don't see the need for the character assassination based on a few throwaway comments, but I've already been down this path in this thread before, I've no need to repeat myself further.

Although we dont agree on the quotes i agree with your part about it being its a good deal for everyone. I think we need someone abit more experienced as a no 2

We must not forget we also have rodgers and archer as it stands that both can play there (i expect the latter will be sold)

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Do you think Konsa or McGinn would mention that about Ramsey publicly? There's a difference between a response to one dumb comment (which was recorded and shared on social media by Douglas) and someone bringing it up unprompted in an interview.

Look, you've made your mind up, you have your perception, I simply don't agree with it. I've already said why I think McGinn made those comments in my previous post.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â