Jhon Durán

PieFacE

7 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/06/11/chelsea-transfer-news-interest-aston-villa-jhon-duran/

• Chelsea have renewed interest in Aston Villa striker Jhon Duran.
  • Duran was previously a target in the January transfer window and is now a priority as Chelsea plans for summer signings.
  • Benjamin Sesko was removed from Chelsea’s consideration after extending his contract with RB Leipzig, improving Duran’s chances of moving to Chelsea.
  • Chelsea are considering at least two other strikers for the summer, but Duran is seen as a viable option due to a strong relationship with Aston Villa.
  • Villa’s interest in Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher may facilitate a deal.
  • Duran’s proactive interest in joining Chelsea was evident from his social media activity.
  • Villa’s need to sell players, including Duran, is driven by financial regulations.
  • Duran, who joined Villa for £18 million in January 2023, is considered a talented young prospect but is secondary to Ollie Watkins at Villa.
  • Duran’s agent confirmed Chelsea’s sustained interest, independent of managerial changes at Chelsea.
  • Villa would consider selling Duran to Chelsea partly to aid their pursuit of Gallagher, who is also targeted by Tottenham.
  • Borussia Dortmund’s interest in Chelsea left-back Ian Maatsen is tempered by valuation disagreements.
  • Chelsea is open to selling several players, including Romelu Lukaku and Armando Broja, and is also considering offloading Cesare Casadei.
  • Chelsea's summer plans include signing a new striker and a left-back, and they continue to show interest in Crystal Palace winger Michael Olise.

Sesko signing new deal with RB, looks like another summer where top strikers are unavailable. Gotta take advantage and ask for silly money 

Duran + 15 to 20m for Gallagher, done.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Duran + 15 to 20m for Gallagher, done.

I'd make that deal tbh. 

Then go get someone like Ben Yedder on a free who I assume Unai and Monchi would know from their time at Seville. 

Emery doesn’t strike me as the type to tolerate an entitled man child. If we can use Duran to help get a player* he actually wants? Magic. 

*(cash money also works)

1 hour ago, Alakagom said:

Duran’s agent confirmed Chelsea’s sustained interest, independent of managerial changes at Chelsea.

I get this is the modern way for some clubs but it really makes no sense to me. Surely a manger should have an input on the players he wants to manage. 

I think Duran could go on to be a world beater and at the same time there's an equal chance he goes on to be Ballotelli mark II.

I don't think he's a good dressing room fit and we'd be robbing Chelski to get Gallagher in this (even with 20 mill tack on).

• Like 1

I can see why Duran wants to go to Chelsea. They will give him a monster contract and he will think he can get in the team ahead of Jackson! 

If we get 30-40m for him I’d take it. 

Get Juventus to send a chunk of the £20 mill we're making of Luiz, direct to Chelsea - and we get gallagher. All in all that's good business. Sorry Jhon you crazy bastard. 

51 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I think Duran could go on to be a world beater and at the same time there's an equal chance he goes on to be Ballotelli mark II.

I don't think he's a good dressing room fit and we'd be robbing Chelski to get Gallagher in this (even with 20 mill tack on).

He won't get anywhere near being Balotelli mark II. As I've posted before, Balotelli has won an absolute bucket load of personal awards as well as trophies and was a tremendous footballer. 

Duran will do none of the above and isn't PL level in my opinion. I would absolutely take 20 to 30m for him. And we will.

Â