Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I'm not going to compare. Jackson looks like a 20 goal a season player. Duran is raw but does have the x factor about him but has a lot to learn.

Aren't we all missing the point that Nkunku fit and he'll be starting for Chelsea in that central role. Was having some very good seasons for Leipzig so not like he's some terrible player, just couldn't stay fit last year.

They've looked far better going to 4-2-3-1 and having Palmer as a number 10 with two quick wide players. Jackson looks more effective coming in from the left so think he'll play that role more next season and fill in as CF when needed.

• Like 2

This kid seems to bring nothing but negativity to an otherwise positive tenure for our club. Regardless of his ceiling, his seemingly toxic personality and this constant unsettling will be more of a problem than it’s worth. He’s 20 years old and can make his own decisions - If he backs himself elsewhere, then who are we to hold him back. Good luck to him

(P.s Jhon, say hi to Chuck’who’mueka for us 👍

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

This is completely false.

Duran has made a not-inconsiderable contribution to our qualifying for the Champions League, he scored the 2 goals against Liverpool that sealed that qualification for us, only 14 days ago, yet seemingly forgotten about already. Not to mention a stunning goal against Palace to change the game in our favour.

Honestly, I can't understand this sudden need to vilify the kid just because his agent has said agent things and some social media nonsense, it's madness. He's a part of the squad that has just had an amazing season, he's contributed, he's ours, how about supporting him?

He's a kid, he needs guidance and patience, not some completely unnecessary witch hunt.

Whilst I agree with the majority of your statement the goals didn’t seal qualification.

If we had lost that game we still would have qualified.

9 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

He has started many more games in fairness to Duran. I wouldn’t swap as I think Duran’s ceiling is significantly higher than Jackson’s imo 

Yes, because he's a lot further along in his development than Duran. Duran's starts have shown us that he's quite far away from being ready to lead the line, while Jackson has shown that he's capable of scoring and assisting regularly at 22 years old. Ceiling-wise, yes, Duran looks to have some serious ingredients there but at the moment it's very much a case of if rather than when.

I really hope Duran gets it together but I'm a little concerned with everything around him. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, lexicon said:

17 goals and 6 assists in his first season after an impressive one in la liga the season before. He's clearly ahead of Duran in terms of development and current level. 

Jackson scored 17 goals last season?!  I must have missed some of them 🤔😂

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, macandally said:

Duran reminds me a bit of Balotelli, all the talent in the world but not the full ticket and his career could go in either direction. 

Personally, I am tired of reading things like this about him. When exactly did Duran show that he has "all the talent in the world"?

All I have seen, is a bloke who has some potential, who isn't remotely good enough to start for us, who comes on, causes chaos, get's booked and occasionally finds the net.

He has a bad attitude, does not have as much talent as some are suggesting and is absolutely not worth the kind of money some people are talking about.

40-50mil? Never in a million years is he worth that. And he will be sold for much less.

And as for comparisons to Jackson who is a starter for Chelsea and scoring goals regularly, well that's just crazy talk. Whenever Duran starts, he is woeful.

Seriously, this guy is even more overrated than the last kid we so sold to Chelsea, and that's saying something.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

Whilst I agree with the majority of your statement the goals didn’t seal qualification.

If we had lost that game we still would have qualified.

Didn't seal, but contributed to, which was my point, if not for that point against Liverpool things may have played out differently, we'll never know, in the end it may not seem so important, but at the time it made Spurs task much more difficult.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Personally, I am tired of reading things like this about him. When exactly did Duran show that he has "all the talent in the world"?

All I have seen, is a bloke who has some potential, who isn't remotely good enough to start for us, who comes on, causes chaos, get's booked and occasionally finds the net.

He has a bad attitude, does not have as much talent as some are suggesting and is absolutely not worth the kind of money some people are talking about.

40-50mil? Never in a million years is he worth that. And he will be sold for much less.

And as for comparisons to Jackson who is a starter for Chelsea and scoring goals regularly, well that's just crazy talk. Whenever Duran starts, he is woeful.

Seriously, this guy is even more overrated than the last kid we so sold to Chelsea, and that's saying something.

So let’s put some context rather than emotion, he score 8 goals last year I believe of all types, including a composed finish against Man City away and a technically superb volley against Palace at home where we laboured to break them down for 90 minutes.

He is strong, quick and can upset a set defence, all at the age of 20.  

By all means dislike him for his personality and impatience, but denying he has talent does you no favours 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, macandally said:

So let’s put some context rather than emotion, he score 8 goals last year I believe of all types, including a composed finish against Man City away and a technically superb volley against Palace at home where we laboured to break them down for 90 minutes.

He is strong, quick and can upset a set defence, all at the age of 20.  

By all means dislike him for his personality and impatience, but denying he has talent does you no favours 

When did I deny he has talent?  Don't strawman me.

I disagreed with the claim he has "all the talent in the world". That is a view which is, in my opinion, baseless.

He has some talent but not 40mil worth and certainly not enough to have his poor professionalism stinking out the training ground and dressing room.

He is massively overrated by sections of our fanbase.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

When did I deny he has talent?  I disagreed with the claim he has "all the talent in the world". That is an view which is, in my opinion, baseless.

He has some talent but not 40mil worth and certainly not enough to have his poor professionalism stinking out the training ground and dressing room.

If he goes, he will be going for around that fee.  

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

When did I deny he has talent?  Don't strawman me.

I disagreed with the claim he has "all the talent in the world". That is a view which is, in my opinion, baseless.

I'll be honest, although I love watching him play, McGinn's comments after the Liverpool game made me a bit concerned about his attitude. I was expecting him to be effusive after the goals, being a young lad and all, but calling him a nightmare at that point was a bit telling, I reckon. 

I'd take £40M for him, for sure.

That said, Emery wouldn't do anything to destabilise the squad, so whatever action he deems fit is fine by me.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I'll be honest, although I love watching him play, McGinn's comments after the Liverpool game made me a bit concerned about his attitude. I was expecting him to be effusive after the goals, being a young lad and all, but calling him a nightmare at that point was a bit telling, I reckon. 

I'd take £40M for him, for sure.

That said, Emery wouldn't do anything to destabilise the squad, so whatever action he deems fit is fine by me.

Yeah totally agree. For McGinn to say that, on top of what Emery has said is not a good look. 

If we get 30mil plus for him then we have had their pants down and I'd be delighted. 

Regarding the Balotelli comparisons, here is what Balotelli has won:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Balotelli

Inter Milan

Manchester City

Italy

Individual

And that is why I get frustrated when people talk about Duran's supposed talents and potential.

He has done nothing at all to justify the claims or price tag of anyone like Balotelli. He has so far to go and with his attitude as it is, I don't see him making it.

As a point of comparison in terms of age, Balotelli had won back to back Serie A titles by age 18 and the Italian league and cup double at 19. By 21 he had won the Premier League and FA Cup double as well.

Whatever Duran is, Balotelli he is not.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I just don't like it when people say someone's ceiling is much higher than someone else. There's so many factors in making a great player and a lot of times players don't improve the way you think they might. For example Benteke looked like he was going to be a world class cf at 22 whereas Watkins was playing im the lower leagues at that age but Watkins has ended up being the better player imo 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I just don't like it when people say someone's ceiling is much higher than someone else. There's so many factors in making a great player and a lot of times players don't improve the way you think they might. For example Benteke looked like he was going to be a world class cf at 22 whereas Watkins was playing im the lower leagues at that age but Watkins has ended up being the better player imo 

Yep I agree.  I’m bored with the fuss Duran gets by some of our fans on this thread.  

I’m meh about him, if he stays and knuckles down then we can see there are some attributes that can make him a good player.  If he goes then good luck to him but I’m not going to lose much sleep.  The kid has talent but there is a long road ahead from that to being a great player and most of that is in attitude and most don’t make it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

This is completely false.

Duran has made a not-inconsiderable contribution to our qualifying for the Champions League, he scored the 2 goals against Liverpool that sealed that qualification for us, only 14 days ago, yet seemingly forgotten about already. Not to mention a stunning goal against Palace to change the game in our favour.

Honestly, I can't understand this sudden need to vilify the kid just because his agent has said agent things and some social media nonsense, it's madness. He's a part of the squad that has just had an amazing season, he's contributed, he's ours, how about supporting him?

He's a kid, he needs guidance and patience, not some completely unnecessary witch hunt.

it might be his agent but he's the boss.  he could change that narrative with one phone call.  he wants what's being said to be said.   he's s frustrated, understood, but I have a feeling emery will look at this a bit like the Danny Ings situation.  ollie is our number one and that's that.  don't want ollie to be looking at the situation and becoming unsettled.  thanks for the quick profit and good luck in the future.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â