Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

The issue I have with this is there's no quote of him saying he doesn't want to be here, there's nothing concrete, just some social media nonsense and his agent flapping gums. Everything is far from clear.

It's silly season, the football has finished, so now it's time to overanalyse every tiny thing into oblivion, apparently. 

Maybe he wants to go, maybe he wants to stay, maybe he just wants to see what his options are, which I have no issue with. We'd happily chuck him out the door if a big enough offer came in, so he's within his rights to see what is out there, loyalty in football should go both ways.

At the end of the day, he has to do what is best for him and we have to do what is best for us, and that will go for every player, there's no point clutching pearls over it.

I agree 100% with you, and I'm certainly not bothered if he is sold. I trust that Emery and his team have a very clear idea of how they want to mould the squad.

• Like 1

It’s Carney all over again. Not going to get first team football here or at Chelsea. Can sort of see why he might want the Chelsea move (prestige, whether you like it or not, and more money) if he isn’t going to start here either. 

Could just be agent talk. If he really would rather be there than here then goodbye, but we should be commanding a good fee for him as we don’t have to sell. 

• Like 1

Should have had a loan this season i reckon, though with our squad depth i understand why he wasn't

He could be awesome, but we have Watkins, they don't seem to link well together, and in the real world for him to work out with us he will need to be satisfied with being understudy to Watkins for another 1-2 seasons, something which it seems like he isn't going to be able to stomach.

He needs and deserves more game time, its just unlucky for him we haven't been in a position to give it to him.

10 hours ago, Spoony said:

It’s Carney all over again. Not going to get first team football here or at Chelsea. Can sort of see why he might want the Chelsea move (prestige, whether you like it or not, and more money) if he isn’t going to start here either. 

Could just be agent talk. If he really would rather be there than here then goodbye, but we should be commanding a good fee for him as we don’t have to sell. 

I would have said that Chelsea were turning a corner because of their end of season form and will be a force again next year so would be a better move than when their ownership took over (when Carney took his cash). 

But in a typical move their ownership have sacked Poch and now they have to start again (again, again) and will probably splurge £250m in this window giving Duran not a chance in feck of starting and he'll be on loan to Hertha Berlin in 2 years. 

Stay here, grow with the side under a world class manager and reap the rewards Jhon. 

So I fully expect him to be gone by the second week of June as he's mad as a hatter. 

Posted (edited)

He has been very impressive in various cameos, but most times Emery has started him he has been poor either with or in place of Watkins. Not doubting he needs more game time to build up his confidence and settle into the system we play, but that I don't think that system works with two central strikers.

We clearly need someone to compete with Watkins and come in when Watkins is injured, we were lucky last season that he stayed fit most of the season, getting that luck again next season is unlikely.

But the guy is on the cusp of being something special, or being a bell end who blows his career on believing his own and his agents hype about him.

Edited by VillanousOne

I think the Duran thing looks increasingly less likely unless we do a swap accounting fudge for one of their players. Whilst they appear a mess, Chelsea are strongly linked as Victor Osimhen's next destination so can't see them getting Duran after spending >£100m on him.

3 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

I think the Duran thing looks increasingly less likely unless we do a swap accounting fudge for one of their players. Whilst they appear a mess, Chelsea are strongly linked as Victor Osimhen's next destination so can't see them getting Duran after spending >£100m on him.

Chelsea have over 9000 players, i dont think intelligently not buying up hundreds of players in all positions when they dont need them, is in their repertoire.

On 23/05/2024 at 09:43, Teale's 'tache said:

The issue I have with this is there's no quote of him saying he doesn't want to be here, there's nothing concrete, just some social media nonsense and his agent flapping gums. Everything is far from clear.

It's silly season, the football has finished, so now it's time to overanalyse every tiny thing into oblivion, apparently. 

Maybe he wants to go, maybe he wants to stay, maybe he just wants to see what his options are, which I have no issue with. We'd happily chuck him out the door if a big enough offer came in, so he's within his rights to see what is out there, loyalty in football should go both ways.

At the end of the day, he has to do what is best for him and we have to do what is best for us, and that will go for every player, there's no point clutching pearls over it.

His agent isn't running his mouth off for nothing.

15 hours ago, Spoony said:

This difference is, since we've sold Carney we've actually overtaken Chelsea 🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

His agent isn't running his mouth off for nothing.

Agents get most of their money through new contracts and moves, is it really any surprise that is all they seem to talk about? It's in his agent's interest to float the possibility of a move to either force one so he gets a payday or to force contract negotiations which again gives him a payday.

In short, the agent is doing his job, you don't have to like it, I don't, agents are parasites, but I'm certainly not going to take what they say as gospel.

I mean get agents mentioning interest but he talks very specifically about Chelsea. That’s not your usual contract renewal move.

I think Duran is getting some horrible advice if he thinks Chelsea is the answer for him.

1 minute ago, bose said:

I mean get agents mentioning interest but he talks very specifically about Chelsea. That’s not your usual contract renewal move.

I think Duran is getting some horrible advice if he thinks Chelsea is the answer for him.

It absolutely is, using interest from another club is a very good way to get to the negotiating table, especially interest from a big club that throws money around.

The quotes are a bit unclear as well, in terms of what question the agent was asked before the quotes, because if Chelsea were mentioned in the question then of course he's going to address them directly.

I don't doubt his agent is a bad influence, I just don't see an agent stirring the pot as enough to start saying "he doesn't want to be here bin him off".

Unai said our plan is to keep him, so unless there's a big enough bid to change that idea he's more likely to stay.

When I heard McGinn's comments on him, coupled with other stories,  I found myself thinking he's like the new Balotelli.  Undoubtedly talented, but more than a little batshit. 

Maybe he has a religious objection to playing football on Tuesdays?

None of you bigots thought of that, did you? He'll be safe as houses in Chelsea in such an instance, and Jackson will appreciate him carrying his water bottle next season.

Not all agents are very good or connected.  Some can be cuter about it and get media mouthpieces or papers to put out club names to stir up fake interest, whilst this guy seems a bit basic and just blurts out **** himself

I think he's just a bit immature and like most "big kids" struggles with the temptations offered by social media. Sounds like he needs a better agent but figure he sees money opportunities so guess that is what drives agents.

I think he has real potential and may have the chance here to realise that potential but starting to sound like a Chukie move where "hey look at me, I'm at Chelsea and they pay me shedloads" becomes the dream rather than ever playing as a regular first team top league football.

On 23/05/2024 at 20:57, T-Dog said:

Who is his agent? Is there history of the agent doing similar before? 

There's a history of every agent doing similar. That's how they make their money. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â