Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I think the thing is, Angel was 'one of our own' in a rather unusual sense. When we had the 'Pound sign protest' (see Tegis's avatar) about Ellis not spending any money on players, they then went out and bought JPA. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Whilst I warmed to JPA I never thought he was great. I thought he was a good player but underachieved more often than not. He had two good seasons but the rest were below average imo.

Only 1 of his 4 managers actually played to his talents, which didn't help. One of the most naturally talented players at Villa in the last 20 odd years. 4th all time villa premier league scorer as well, but he did have some dry patches. Anyway back to Duran hopefully he can settle in and maybe play a few matches by the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Only 1 of his 4 managers actually played to his talents, which didn't help. One of the most naturally talented players at Villa in the last 20 odd years. 4th all time villa premier league scorer as well, but he did have some dry patches. Anyway back to Duran hopefully he can settle in and maybe play a few matches by the end of the season.

Still can picture the gk booting it to Angel around the halfway line. Him trapping it and then switching play with a wonderful pass .he would do it time and time again. And he did jump like a salmon. Great in the air  .might not have been the best striker in the league but he was defo the coolest.  That bandana when he grew his hair long  super cool 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Can they update stats on the fly, and would they do it on the basis of transfer profile or would they wait to see him play? It would be pretty weird for a 59 rated player to turn out every week for a Premier League team, and if he starts scoring, even more so. 

Just now, HKP90 said:

Can they update stats on the fly, and would they do it on the basis of transfer profile or would they wait to see him play? It would be pretty weird for a 59 rated player to turn out every week for a Premier League team, and if he starts scoring, even more so. 

No idea, stopped buying FIFA a couple of years back.

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

They do live ratings often just based on player form. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

That’s a big shout imo - I never really thought of him as being a talented footballer - I can think of many players who were naturally more gifted that JPA. And being our 4th all time goal scorer is not a major feat given that 84 is the record although I would say he is much better than Gobby.

But football is all about opinions - this is just mine and is unlikely to be agreed with in many circles. I liked the way JPA played with a smile on his face mind.

14 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

That’s a big shout imo - I never really thought of him as being a talented footballer - I can think of many players who were naturally more gifted that JPA. And being our 4th all time goal scorer is not a major feat given that 84 is the record although I would say he is much better than Gobby.

But football is all about opinions - this is just mine and is unlikely to be agreed with in many circles. I liked the way JPA played with a smile on his face mind.

He was an extremely talented footballer, just by the end of his time with us his legs had gone completely and his lack of pace really showed.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â