Jhon Durán

PieFacE

15 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

so according to Gregg Evans we worked on this transfer for 6 months and went across to the USA multiple times to convince him we were the right move for him.  Interesting then that this would probably be a Lange transfer rather than an Emery one

yeah, to your point, this isn’t a Emery transfer but a Lange/scouting transfer that Emery had to sign off.  

Makes me speculate that he’s definitely a long term project and while we are short up front with Ings gone, once that is remedied with a new player coming in that Duran will be around the squad now as Emery said but may go out on loan in the summer as part of the strategy of investing in youth.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

yeah, to your point, this isn’t a Emery transfer but a Lange/scouting transfer that Emery had to sign off.  

Makes me speculate that he’s definitely a long term project and while we are short up front with Ings gone, once that is remedied with a new player coming in that Duran will be around the squad now as Emery said but may go out on loan in the summer as part of the strategy of investing in youth.

Yes but Emery has been here for around 3 months. He was definitely advised and gave them green light to continue. It’s not as if Emery will br expected to follow MLS or whatever. 
So we can’t go to a conclusion that he isn’t Emery signing, I’m sure a lot of players are being monitored on a daily basis. He’s not an academy player as well to expect the scouts to only get and try. I just hope that Emery starts giving him chances immediately.

11 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I just hope that Emery starts giving him chances immediately.

I hope Emery doesn’t give him chances immediately because that means we have another striker brought into the club.  Duran should be brought in slowly, no pressure and allowed to develop after moving from the quality of the MLS.  He is the long term, we have immediate needs and I’m glad Emery has said he’s not a replacement for Ings and we are still looking to bring in.

On 19/01/2023 at 16:50, messi11 said:

Training with PL footballers for the next 2 weeks is a much better experience than playing in some u20 tournament IMO

Not quite the same as representing your country though, no matter the level, IMO.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2023 at 11:36, Wes said:

Feel a bit sorry for him as the Sudamericano would've been a great experience for him, and I'm sure Colombia aren't best pleased, but needs must.

I am surprised we have been allowed to do this - if it was the senior team FIFA rules would say we had to release him, and I thought it was the same at all age groups. Something must have been agreed.

10 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I am surprised we have been allowed to do this - if it was the senior team FIFA rules would say we had to release him, and I thought it was the same at all age groups. Something must have been agreed.

It's not a recognised international break and therefore we don't have to release as I understand it. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

He was only playing in the tournament because it was the off season in MLS and South American leagues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

We’re Aston Villa, and we’re bigger than the Colombian FA.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

I hope Emery doesn’t give him chances immediately because that means we have another striker brought into the club.  Duran should be brought in slowly, no pressure and allowed to develop after moving from the quality of the MLS.  He is the long term, we have immediate needs and I’m glad Emery has said he’s not a replacement for Ings and we are still looking to bring in.

Emery addressed this in the presser and intimated the same.

He literally said " I'm not stupid, he's 19, will need time " etc.

Direct Unai... lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

Or, maybe, Emery knows better and if he is given chances straight away it's because our manager thinks he's ready and has impressed in training. But, I suppose it is possible @nick76 knows better, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Or, maybe, Emery knows better and if he is given chances straight away it's because our manager thinks he's ready and has impressed in training. But, I suppose it is possible @nick76 knows better, I guess.

Almost literally Emery said the same as me in his presser.  I agree with it and thus why I said it.  Never said I know better, Emery explained the deal and why he’s doing what he’s doing and it makes sense so you can pull your head back in, get off the high ground, I’m only agreeing with the common sense and explanation our manager said and not some of our fans wanting to throw him before he’s ready.

On 18/01/2023 at 20:21, PussEKatt said:

That sounds a lot like the "Beachboys" song "Barbra Ann"

@mjmooneyThe Beach boys had a hit "Barbara Ann" and if you use that tune and their lyrics as a basis for a song about J.Duran,it would go something like this.

Jon Jon Jon Jon, Jon Duran

You are our man

We know you can

When you score, you send us rockin an rolling,rocking and a reeling,Jon Duran.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â