Weekends Football 14/15 January

andykeenan

19 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

There are plenty of angry aggressive derbies in English football. Our one is not particularly special in that regard. 

You reckon? Show me another derby where an away player is physically assaulted on the pitch by a home fan and said fan is actively applauded off the pitch by virtually the whole stadium?  And the home Stewards kick out at the away goalscorer who was only recently assaulted by their fan. 

A minute ago Arsenal were awarded a free kick the stadium didn't agree with, didn't see a single Spurs fan in the background even get out of their seat. That happens at The Sty and there's a surge towards the front and Stewards have to hold back the baying mob. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Question is, if you were offered Kane for £100m right now, would you pay it? He looks finished as a focal point. Or is he struggling in how Conte plays?

Kane looks like an old 29 year old. I can’t see him still going in his mid-30’s.

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Question is, if you were offered Kane for £100m right now, would you pay it? He looks finished as a focal point. Or is he struggling in how Conte plays?

He’s one of those players who never looks any good to me. Then he pops up with a goal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Kane looks like an old 29 year old. I can’t see him still going in his mid-30’s.

It's kind of like when Shearer lost that yard of pace and he had to change his game. Sir Bobby brought in young energetic players around him and he extended his career by at least another 2-3 seasons. Kane has an aging Son on one side. If they want to help him then get someone like Ssesingon higher up the pitch and busy around him 

Haha just as I type this he nearly scores 🙄😂

This Arsenal side don't get enough credit - more points at this stage of the season than the invincibles and on for one of the top two or three totals in Premier League history.

Spurs have City next and are involved in a big battler for those Europa League places.

There's a big gap between these two sides, no matter how much Jamie Redknapp and Gary Neville try to make it appear otherwise.

9 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

He's trying but they just have so little behind him.

Son is the one who looks in decline and he's lost a yard of pace.

Would say they should throw Richarlison on just to see what happens but he'll probably get sent off after five minutes.

That Lloris error...

Spurs are in a bit of trouble when you look at the age profile of their team.

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You reckon? Show me another derby where an away player is physically assaulted on the pitch by a home fan and said fan is actively applauded off the pitch by virtually the whole stadium?  And the home Stewards kick out at the away goalscorer who was only recently assaulted by their fan. 

A minute ago Arsenal were awarded a free kick the stadium didn't agree with, didn't see a single Spurs fan in the background even get out of their seat. That happens at The Sty and there's a surge towards the front and Stewards have to hold back the baying mob. 

I’m not sure Birmingham City’s violent fans are the big TV selling point you think they are. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Spurs have City next and are involved in a big battler for those Europa League places.

Villa to overtake them by the end of the season if we keep playing like we have under Emery and if Spurs implode like they like to do 😀😀

Just now, LondonLax said:

I’m not sure Birmingham City’s violent fans are the big TV selling point you think they are. 

No but at the same time sky and the media are trying to sell these Derby games like the manachester and North London derbies as something they're not

They're obviously "bigger" and better games but they play this fiesty and edgy angle that doesn't lay a glove on derbies like the 2nd city and the Sheffield Derby

• Like 3

Â