Weekends Football 14/15 January

andykeenan

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Building up the Norf Laandan derby in a way they would NEVER build up the Birmingham derby despite the Birmingham derby being 10 times more passionate and hateful. 

This will be a bunch of toffs applauding politely at the marvelous display of a keen sporting contest. 

There are plenty of angry aggressive derbies in English football. Our one is not particularly special in that regard. 

4 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Lloris really is a shit keeper 

He used to be pretty good but has looked dire for a while now. I guess confidence plays a massive role for a keeper. De Gea was in a similar place not so long ago but now looks the part again. 

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its like having Ronaldo in goal. Just hasnt got it anymore. Not his fault. He just doesnt have the reactions any more.

Reminds me of when we beat Derby 2-0 at the baseball ground around 1990 with David Platt getting both goals. Shilton should have saved both but his reactions had gone to shot by then. He shouldn't have been first choice for England around then either. If you look at the German penalties in Italia 90 he really was so slow to dive the right way for a few at least.

• Like 1

Just now, LondonLax said:

He used to be pretty good but has looked dire for a while now. I guess confidence plays a massive role for a keeper. De Gea was in a similar place not so long ago but now looks the part again. 

He is 36 . Some can hold on to their reflexes longer than others.

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

There are plenty of angry aggressive derbies in English football. Our one is not particularly special in that regard. 

but it is! What a claim to fame...

I'm pretty sure the Sheffield Derby has overtaken it as the most policed game in England, if you look at how the police categorise Derby games and then link that to anger and aggressiveness we're definitley top 3 with a good claim for top 1

Â