Weekends Football 14/15 January

andykeenan

I actually don't think Arsenal have played very well by their standards this season, they've done well in patches, but I think they have another gear.

In commentary, Neville said, "Of course Spurs will be better in the second half..". I think he's wrong, I think Arsenal will be better in the second half and will score three more.

The [insert sponsor] stadium will be a cesspit of anger and frustration - which will be lovely.

Just now, PaulC said:

Arsenal playing great stuff. Saka is such a good player. Better than Foden imo

They also have ‘that player’ who did ‘that thing’ that no-one is allowed to talk about but everyone knows it was him. I can’t like this Arsenal team knowing that he’s a major part of their team. 

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I’m not sure Birmingham City’s violent fans are the big TV selling point you think they are. 

Which proves my original point. SKY bigging up this derby in a way they would never ever big up ours. 

Thanks for the agreement 👍

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

They also have ‘that player’ who did ‘that thing’ that no-one is allowed to talk about but everyone knows it was him. I can’t like this Arsenal team knowing that he’s a major part of their team. 

Spurs fans booing him relentlessly. Mind you has Bissouma been cleared yet or does he still have accusations hanging over him?

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No but at the same time sky and the media are trying to sell these Derby games like the manachester and North London derbies as something they're not

They're obviously "bigger" and better games but they play this fiesty and edgy angle that doesn't lay a glove on derbies like the 2nd city and the Sheffield Derby

Thanks, my point exactly. 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Spurs fans booing him relentlessly. Mind you has Bissouma been cleared yet or does he still have accusations hanging over him?

Bissouma was cleared. He’s only now involved to give evidence for/against the other person he was with at the time. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No but at the same time sky and the media are trying to sell these Derby games like the manachester and North London derbies as something they're not

They're obviously "bigger" and better games but they play this fiesty and edgy angle that doesn't lay a glove on derbies like the 2nd city and the Sheffield Derby

I watched the Manchester derby yesterday in a pub in Stockport. Full of both colours, but very amicable despite the controversy. I can’t imagine the same in Birmingham. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Which proves my original point. SKY bigging up this derby in a way they would never ever big up ours. 

Thanks for the agreement 👍

They are bigging it up because it’s a massive game in a title race. 

The chip on the shoulder complaining is lame. 

• Haha 1

Just now, LondonLax said:

They are bigging it up because it’s a massive game in a title race. 

The chip on the shoulder complaining is lame. 

I think you're missing the point

They can big it up as being the big game that it is, that's not a problem

But they try and big it up as this big over the top rivalry where they all hate each other and the atmosphere is so incredible and theres an edginess to the game that could spill over at any minute which makes everything dramatic and exciting, that is a problem

Yesterday was even worse

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Nah, being the contrarian as often as you can is lame.

Yeah sorry, what was I thinking, I’ll toe the line. 

That Sky Sports have it in for us. Poor Aston Villa, we never get the recognition we rightly deserve! 

46 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Does anyone have reliable proof that is was this player that gets booed with each touch? 

Â