Match thread: FAC3: Villa v Stevenage

Davkaus

Just now, HongKongVillan said:

As much as bailey not performing, he isn't quite getting the help or overlap from cash either, often bailey was just running with the ball against 2 men with no support

He has support mate, just don't use it.

If we haven't added a second by sixty minute mark I think we need to start thinking about Buendia and Ramsey, I bet Kadan Young would offer more creativity in the final third than we've seen so far, at least he runs at players and tries to make something happen. Was hoping Coutinho and Bailey could get on the scoresheet give themselves some confidence, but that hasn't looked like happening.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

He has support mate, just don't use it.

He's not. Cash isn't getting forward, is caught flat-footed that Bailey's trying both roles. It was only in the second half of the half that we shifted more play to the other full back. We need our midfield to step in more and assist.

Just now, The_Steve said:

I agree. Some of the usual crap written is so overblown. He's trying to make stuff happen, other players need to give him options.

For at least 2 of those ambitious attempts outside the box he had players with him and decicided to try the worldie

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Sanson been best player. Ings luiz and bednarek been good.

Everyone else meh to average

This. Stevenage have come with a gameplan and are well organised in that low block. It's tricky to break down. Would expect more movement from our midfield, and for me Bailey looks broken, but it's not been too bad. Will say that the Stevenage No.9 is pretty handy, but their 10 is a dirty little f**ker. Think we'll kill them as they tire in he second half and get stretched.

Sanson has been the liveliest on the pitch, and Dougie looks like he has a bit more class than most. Nor sure why Bednarek is getting repeatedly beaten in the air. Needs to sort that shit out.

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Decent first half:

Winning 1-0

78% possession

8 shots, 3 on target.

No injuries.

When you look at it like that, and don't want the actual football, it looks like a brilliant first half.

I'd like a performance to go with the stats this half, but I'll take no injuries and a goalless second half.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

If we haven't added a second by sixty minute mark I think we need to start thinking about Buendia and Ramsey, I bet Kadan Young would offer more creativity in the final third than we've seen so far, at least he runs at players and tries to make something happen. Was hoping Coutinho and Bailey could get on the scoresheet give themselves some confidence, but that hasn't looked like happening.

Ramsey for me is the way forward here.

Is the performance good? Not really. Cagey. Some players are very off of the mark, but I think we will see a more open second half as they tire. Several players are playing themselves out of future contention. Needs more application in the second half.