Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

Absolutely brilliant for us in a short Villa career before injury. Odd how some players just seem to attain a big status in a short time. Very best of luck to him. Completely outstanding at his best.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Digne is currently the better player. 

Agreed. He isn't 3x better like his wages would suggest though - it would have been much better for Aston Villa overall if we could get Digne out the door. Of course, we can't because we put him on hilarious money no serious club would ever consider.

Moreno's form from about 2 games after signing to picking up that hamstring injury against Liverpool 5 months later was magical. Really transformed us as a side and was a big part of getting Conference league football.

I think his hamstring plus his age means Moreno isn't likely to be the same again, but we'll see. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Go away so we can get Geertruida!

Geertruida is not coming. Why is it so hard to understand how a RCB would be a replacement for a RCB? Carlos needs to leave before any replacement is signed.

Maatsen was already signed as Moreno replacement. 

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Agreed. He isn't 3x better like his wages would suggest though - it would have been much better for Aston Villa overall if we could get Digne out the door. Of course, we can't because we put him on hilarious money no serious club would ever consider.

Moreno's form from about 2 games after signing to picking up that hamstring injury against Liverpool 5 months later was magical. Really transformed us as a side and was a big part of getting Conference league football.

I think his hamstring plus his age means Moreno isn't likely to be the same again, but we'll see. 

I disagree. I want a competitive squad this year, digne does that for us. 

Digne was far superior last year and is clearly rated by Unai. Yes he's on big money but I've got no issues with that currently. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Geertruida is not coming. Why is it so hard to understand how a RCB would be a replacement for a RCB? Carlos needs to leave before any replacement is signed.

Maatsen was already signed as Moreno replacement. 

Figured it was more about the money than it was about the position. And why are you so certain he would be coming in as a RCB when he’s played the majority of his games as a RB?

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Why does Sidcow Jr think he's signing for Forest but there's nowt on here? 

22 hours ago, nick76 said:

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Oh silly me just looking at the last page. Still would have expected more though if a medical was supposedly this morning. 

I'd have thought he'd be going back to Spain but I guess they can't afford him outside of the top teams. 

Did brilliantly in those first few months but he was always going to be a short term signing due to his age. I think the staff have realised that the hamstring injury has robbed him of a yard of pace so with his style that's a big issue.

Surprised he's staying in U.K. After getting married would've thought he'd have returned to Spain.

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Signing Maatsen and keeping Digne is absolutely amazing to be honest.

Digne is far superior to Moreno. I like Moreno but if we're signing a third player for a position and selling the worst of the 3 as a result, then we're going to improve

He's not been sold.

Wish him all the best, for half a season he was better than Digne but ultimately with Maatsen signing he wasn’t needed. Expect him to do well there despite the fact they’ll be losing most games no doubt.

Seems to put to bed the rumours he wanted to go back home…

Edited by AVFCDAN

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â