Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Season long loan with all expenses paid to tide him/us over before Betis buy him back next season?

He'll be 32/33 and a fading entity tbh. I'd take a £5m for him (and I never thought I'd say that 18 months ago)

We're clearly pretty hamstrung now with finances. Anyone who ain't desperate to us needs going even at a FFP loss

if he has to go, just sell him.

2 years left on his contract, will be 32 next year, it would be pennies next summer.

Just sell him if he is the left back to be offloaded.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

2 years left on his contract, will be 32 next year, it would be pennies next summer.

Yes that’s only good if somebody wants to buy him.

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Selling a player now days is so difficult. More so when they’re older and haven’t played much. 

• Like 1

Loan deals often come with fees these days, even if not significant ones. Not really a guarantee that Forest would just cover his wages and that's that.

He's a good player but he did feel like a bit of a stop-gap signing given his age and his style of play not being conducive to longevity. Did a great job of slotting perfectly into the style of play when he came in, but he then got unlucky with both injuries and Digne stepping up, so now feels the most expendable of the three given Maatsen is a younger, more expensive player that can offer the same things as him.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

If we are covering his amortisation and wages (which we will be he's a very good player). Then it's good to loan him out. We can then sell him next summer or Digne. 

If we sell him next summer for anything over 4m it'll be booked at a profit. Sometimes a Loan now and sale later actually is the best option. I've always thought in this case it would be.

• Like 1

Good luck to him if he goes as cannot see him getting game time  at all and Digne & Maatsen offer us more. Forest were heavily linked the summer before he joined us so has been in their radar before. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â