Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I know he's getting on a bit but the fact that he's had Premier League experience should help him secure a move to a decent club in La Liga for a decent fee surely? 

Just because he has PL experience? I think La Liga clubs will want him because they've seen what he can do over there, not because he's played a bit in the PL.

But, recent injury issues and the wrong side of 30, and apparently he wants out, I can see it being a pretty small fee.

• Thanks 1

Wouldn’t expect anything over £4m he’s been a good signing unfortunately the injury hampered him but nonetheless it’s been beneficial both ways he was instrumental in our qualification for the europa conference he’s also ticked a box for his own personal goals by experiencing a different league and a good pay day in the later part of his career if I was in his shoes I’d be content returning home after a successful 2 years away.

• Like 4

Similar to a few others, I think we'll be fortunate to get above £5m for him due to age an recent injuries. If he offsets the Barkley purchase then it's all good. Good luck to him 👋

Shame its Betis as they don't really have anyone I can see us wanting in a swap/exchange (Carvalho is too old & slow now otherwise would have been a good stopgap until Bouba was back)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Similar to a few others, I think we'll be fortunate to get above £5m for him due to age an recent injuries. If he offsets the Barkley purchase then it's all good. Good luck to him 👋

Shame its Betis as they don't really have anyone I can see us wanting in a swap/exchange (Carvalho is too old & slow now otherwise would have been a good stopgap until Bouba was back)

Ayoze Pérez is available for €4m as long as you offer him more salary than he's on at Betis. Not a sexy signing but he's in the Spain squad on merit. Versatile player.

I still think we'll try find a move for Dinge. Maybe Moreno doesn't want to stay now we've signed Maatsen he wants to play and will want a move. 

22 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Used to love William Carvalho

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sne said:

Ayoze Pérez is available for €4m as long as you offer him more salary than he's on at Betis. Not a sexy signing but he's in the Spain squad on merit. Versatile player.

It's the type of signing you can see Unai making and he looked really good when he came on for Spain against Italy. Had Di Lorenzo on toast multiple times

Problem for me is that he's always been very talented but his consistency is an issue. I think he's suited to a mid-tier La Liga team at this stage in his career but Unai knows better

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

4-5m sounds about right given he's over 30 aswell now.

People are chuckling but mid table Spanish teams just don't spend large amounts on type of players like Moreno. In Spain the Madrid clubs and Barca get the majority of TV revenue and the rest are scrambling around and clubs are mainly still owned by local business people e.g. the prem 25 years ago.

Better bet for us would be if another prem team wants him e.g. Lopetegui at West Ham might be interested so we could get 7-8m then but if he wants to go back home that's fair enough.

Fee will probably be undisclosed when he leaves.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Did not rate him one bit at Newcastle or Leicester so pass on that.

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

What's the chance - Moreno wants to go to Real Betis, Real Betis is interested in taking him...

Then Moreno happens to be at an airport in Spain, and ohh look the sporting director of Real Betis just happens to be flying out of the same airport at the same time.  

Which flight?  Ohhh we're on the same flight!   

What seat number have you been allocated?  1A?    Ohh i'm 1B. Looks like we're buddies for the next 3 hours. 

What shall we talk about???

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

What's the chance - Moreno wants to go to Real Betis, Real Betis is interested in taking him...

Then Moreno happens to be at an airport in Spain, and ohh look the sporting director of Real Betis just happens to be flying out of the same airport at the same time.  

What seat number have you been allocated?  1A?    Ohh i'm 1B. Looks like we're buddies for the next 3 hours. 

Just when I thought cynicism was so 1980s 

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

I would spend the three hours trying to get into his pants

• Haha 2

Â