Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It's about opinions innit but I thought Digne was brilliant for us last season...... And also Moreno was generally disappointing and didn't re-create his early form for us. 

Sure is.

Digne was very good at the start when we needed him to just play every game.

Moreno never quite recaptured the first year form.

20 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Children! Why would anyone want them?! 🤢 

Because they’re great for PSR. Had 5 now got 3, pay a mint in the Emirates for blonde hair blue eyed bubs. Rinse and repeat. 

For me he's been a good signing but always felt a bit of a stop-gap. Emery evidently wanted a player of his profile at left back but the January is difficult at the best of times and there was limited funds so you weren't going to get a Maatsen-esque signing in that would (hopefully) sort the position for a few seasons. He had a great immediate impact but a nimble player like Moreno will impacted by age more than most will be, so while he still has something left in the tank to offer I can see why the club would want to recoup some money for him. On a football level it makes more sense for him to leave than Digne I think. 

• Like 3

Has been a good professional. Shame last season didn't  work out, but he was really important to the way we played in hi first 6 months here and to our progress. You can argue that no Moreno would mean no ECL, and we wouldn't  have been in as good a position this season.  I'll  wish him well, but would rather  keep Digne if we are bringing in Maatsen

31 y/o but still very capable at the right level. £10m and we all shake hands.

Let's be honest, we'd all pick Spain over Birmingham 😂

6 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Can't get my head around this. Emery's first signing in Jan 2023. Immediate impact. Very modern full back. Very likeable. Always thought he would stay and Digne would leave. Digne has turned out a good signing funny enough.

You have to remember we signed him when we were bottom half of the table, now we’re in the CL. There will be players who come for the full journey and others who are just for a stage - the likes of El Ghazi and Trezeguet etc who played a role for a while and then moved on. I like Moreno - but the step up to Maatsen is potentially significant.

• Like 3

Got to move certain players on and given the incoming signings we expect this is one in the bracket of move on asap especially if he wants to go back to Spain. Liked him when he joined just wished he was 23 not 29 when we got him but he did a job and now let’s see what we get for him 

If that’s true, it’s a shame. Sometimes, a player just doesn’t feel settled. Looked a little off the pace, but I put that down to coming back from a hamstring injury. Hopefully we can find a buyer. 31 for a modern full back should not be that hard to shift perhaps back to Spain. 

Maatsen will be the clear first choice left back considering the fee we paid so that makes it tough for both Moreno and Digne, who probably both want to be regular starting players. Iling Jr could be lined up as a back up wing back as he’s played there for Juve and we don’t play with traditional wide wingers which is how Iling plays when he’s not at wing back.

Moreno was a really good signing but injuries derailed him last year, if we can recoup his book value or slightly more it will be looked back on as a good signing overall just a shame we couldn’t have seen the best of him for longer if he does depart. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Children! Why would anyone want them?! 🤢 

If it was possible I would happily have his

• Haha 1

Â