Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Digne is currently the better player. 

Absolutely this. Sad to see Moreno go, he was really good before his injury, but Digne has risen brilliantly to the challenge of having strong competition for his starting place. He’s been the model of consistency for some time, and both he and Maatsen will get plenty of game time this season. 

• Like 4

Assume there a loan fee, say 1.5m etc. and wages covered. Moreno stock value pretty low now having hardly played last season so a successful move especially in premier league could give us more profitable return. 

Writing was on the wall for him or Digne to leave post-Maatsen signing, obviously.

No need for 3 senior LBs.

Moreno was excellent his first season, especially during the key run that got us 7th. He displayed a composure in the box that Digne didn’t have and linked up so well with Ramsey. Think he may have even made an extended Spain squad? Or just a rumoured call-up.

Didn’t look the same player last year, but it was a nasty injury. I hope he does well for Forest and he’s still got some juice left. He comes across as a good guy. Best of luck to him. 

• Like 2

As others have said, a revelation when he first signed, that half a season he added so much to the team. Never looked the same last year after injury, seemed to lack that zip. Still contributed to some vital goals and helped us get 4th. 
With Maatsen coming in as the more attacking lb, and Digne doing the defensive role Moreno was always going to struggle to get game time. Wish him well at Forest.

14 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Shame it's only a loan but presumably all we could get for him. At least it should be his wages covered and maybe a loan fee.

Hopefully the loan fee covers the 3.7m amortisation for this year, then we only need to get 4m next summer to break even for PSR. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Played his part but got unlucky with a bad injury and was never the same after that.   Seems a good guy and I reckon he'll do well at Forest.. Good Luck to him.

Yes. I don't see him as never the same as recovery can be a long process but he deserves to play somewhere, and he seems like a good guy. I thought he looked pretty lively recently, but there was a little of that sense that things has passed him by?

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Won’t play against us and Forest will still be flirting with relegation. We have better options so time to move one.

Good move for all parties. Regular Premier League football is the best place for him to retain some transfer value, whilst they hopefully cover his amortised fee and wages for the season. Good move all around. 

Moreno will get back to his best. He had a very serious injury, no pre season, so was never up to speed last season. If Forrest manage his playing time right early in the season, they will benefit later in the season and ultimately so will Villa.

Still scored some big goals for us last season, a winner in Europe, away at Brentford too I think to equalise.

Great signing really, low expectations and over delivered, was always going to be a stop-gap option for us at his age. Shame to see him go but unfair to expect him to play third fiddle so that’s just the way it goes.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â