Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

Well at least one of the left backs was going to go anyway. Moreno can't defend which is s major problem. Digne is on big wages which is snother problem. 

On 09/06/2024 at 10:41, StewieGriffin said:

Buendia was definitely there, I saw a photo on Instagram. No idea on anyone else

It seems a lot of the Latin contingent get on really well at the club (Duran aside), but with Emi M and Dougie away on international they couldn’t attend.

Monchi magic please and use him to get Johnny Cardoso … he’s a quality DM in the making ! 

Cardoso’s strengths lie within his incredible defensive contributions for club and country, with excellent tackling and mobility at the base of the midfield. He can be seen as the anchor in front of the defensive line, mopping up loose balls and displaying his ball-winning intelligence through duels and tackles. It can be highlighted that he remains more comfortable within a double pivot, with new manager Manuel Pellegrini already showcasing a new pairing between himself and Marc Roca. Cardoso has had the freedom to utilise his energetic play, surging forward to press in the early phase of opposition build-up, to then retreat and offer defensive solidity in the middle and final thirds.

When in possession, Johnny Cardoso has grown to epitomise ‘La Pausa’ with his comfortability on the ball. He possesses the natural ability to slow down the pace of play before driving forward to anticipate key passing lanes and opposing pressors. His ability to break the lines and distribute creates a perfect harmony with Betis’ Isco, with the dangerous playmaker often dropping deeper to collect the ball and work his magic. Having impressed already in matches against Barcelona and Mallorca, fans of Los Verdiblancos will hope their growing star can reignite a push for European qualification.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/laliga-winter-transfers-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

I despair sometimes. 

Moreno can't defend? Cashy is no good going forward? What do you lot want from your full backs?

Moreno has been decent, and given us another, different option. He's also been competing with a French international for his spot on the pitch. He's hardly been pap for us, quite the opposite.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Well at least one of the left backs was going to go anyway. Moreno can't defend which is s major problem. Digne is on big wages which is snother problem. 

With what we're selling seemingly in next two weeks I assume Digne's wages are o.k to cover for another season. Guess there hasn't been a renewed interest in him from the Saudi league as there was 12 months ago but that could change as the summer goes on.

It makes sense given his experience to have him playing in the CL and then younger player can get games in the prem which I assume is the plan with signing IIling-Jr.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Monchi magic please and use him to get Johnny Cardoso … he’s a quality DM in the making ! 

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/laliga-winter-transfers-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Much rather have him than McKennie. Younger, had a good season for Betis and plays in a position we actually need.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I get that there seems to be a lot of news today, but ultimately the only way you can get newer, more exciting players is a] if you've got money in the bank and PSR headroom, and b] if you've got free squad spaces for them. 

I like Moreno but I hardly think he's irreplaceable. If he's homesick and we can book a profit on him then we can think about a longer-term high quality solution to our LB situation. 

I hope we can pull another rabbit out of the hat, as I thought Moreno was one of the best left backs in the league before his injury. We had that position sorted, and while yes the money will be good and we'll have leeway to spend to get a replacement, there's no guarantee it'll be a net positive. Basically, I'd hate to rip up a good thing, but it seems we have little choice in the matter.

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I hope we can pull another rabbit out of the hat, as I thought Moreno was one of the best left backs in the league before his injury. We had that position sorted, and while yes the money will be good and we'll have leeway to spend to get a replacement, there's no guarantee it'll be a net positive. Basically, I'd hate to rip up a good thing, but it seems we have little choice in the matter.

I do take your point, but it's only relevant to compare any potential replacement to pre-injury Moreno if his injury and any personal unhappiness (which we only have one report of, admittedly) wouldn't prevent him reaching those levels again. If they would, we have to compare a replacement to Moreno's *current and future* levels, which may be an easier bar to clear. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Typical Villa, the summer we actually make CL is the least exciting of all and all the news is of us losing players.

So far! There's plenty of time left in the unopened transfer window (I think it's unopened). 🤑

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The biggest surprise to me is that people are surprised players are leaving. Our hands are tied, at least, for this coming season. 

Isn't it more for this coming month? Then the three years starts all over again. 

17 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Typical Villa, the summer we actually make CL is the least exciting of all and all the news is of us losing players.

Can you at least wait to the transfer window opens?

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Can you at least wait to the transfer window opens?

That was a tongue in cheek vent, I know there's a long way to go. But it wasn't without some truth. For comparison, this time 2 summers ago we already had Kamara and Diego Carlos confirmed to have signed, and Coutinho signed permanently which had this site in meltdown, with the rest of the window fizzling out afterwards. It's just kind of funny that this season of all seasons we're starting the other way around.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â