Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

He's what I thought we were going to be getting with Digne. Nothing against Digne but he looks the better player and at a nicer price. He's also more handsome.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

He's what I thought we were going to be getting with Digne. Nothing against Digne but he looks the better player and at a nicer price. He's also more handsome.

I might be biased, but I think Villa are top of the handsome table.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I might be biased, but I think Villa are top of the handsome table.

You might be right. The other half loves Dougie and is convinced he's gay because he's so beautiful, although she drew the line when I said his orignal bleached corn-rows were awesome. Just the tips for her.

We are a handsome bunch though. I used to play Football Manager/Championship Manager and base my signings on who looked cool. I always tried to get Sebastian Frey for Villa (in his slimmer days). Looks before ability. No wonder I used to get sacked every season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jono62 said:

Love this guy. Pace, skill, everything. He seems to have time on the ball even with a player near him. Don't know how he got to the ball for Buendia chance.

Have really missed that turn of pace. Lots of our players have good pace once they get in their stride but Moreno having that quick burst is key to unlocking these low blocks. 

13 hours ago, Starscrem_Prime said:

Was absolutely class today. If 50% of Emery signings fit in to the team half as well, we'll be laughing after summer.

This signing really feels like Emery knew exactly what he wanted and ensured we got the right player to fit the system. Didn’t need to be a big name or expensive. Hopefully a good indication of what’s to come this summer.

• Like 2

What a good signing.

Players like Bailey, and on very recent form Ramsey, should use him as inspiration carrying the ball.

Moreno is quick, but not as fast as Bailey or Ramsey I wouldn't think. He's just so so aggressive and brave with his running when he has the ball. Commits defenders superbly.

I think his defending has improved a bit as well. Not convinced he knew what on earth he was doing early on, but he seems a bit less chaotic now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What a good signing.

Players like Bailey, and on very recent form Ramsey, should use him as inspiration carrying the ball.

Moreno is quick, but not as fast as Bailey or Ramsey I wouldn't think. He's just so so aggressive and brave with his running when he has the ball. Commits defenders superbly.

I think his defending has improved a bit as well. Not convinced he knew what on earth he was doing early on, but he seems a bit less chaotic now.

He's absolutely rapid, potentially the fastest in the squad. 

Rumour has it that Bailey is fast....but I've not seen much of that really. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bailey isn’t quick at all. 

Yeah. I'm in this club as well to be honest. There is something there though. He looked quick just before his hammy went at the weekend.

I think he'd likely beat Moreno in a 100m sprint. Irrelevant for football of course.

• Like 1

Seeing Moreno at Villa Park on Saturday against Forest for the first time he was brilliant.

I personally thought his best game, admittedly he has also looked good watching games on TV but yeah he's rapid.

In contrast not really seeing the pace from Bailey, his confidence must be super low.

Anyway back to Moreno I think he is a key part in the game against the Barcodes and can get the better of Trippier; his form has been great the last few games and hope he can build upon that in the next match.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

On 11/04/2023 at 05:41, Tomaszk said:

Yeah. I'm in this club as well to be honest. There is something there though. He looked quick just before his hammy went at the weekend.

I think he'd likely beat Moreno in a 100m sprint. Irrelevant for football of course.

Not much good being fast if your hamstring threatens to go everytime you hit top speed.

Â