Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

On 19/03/2023 at 08:14, Vive_La_Villa said:

I love how he’ll only put a cross in if it’s on rather than just aimlessly swinging the ball in and hitting fist man like Digne does way too often.  More often then not he’ll pick someone out. 

Great little full back this lad. 

Came to the thread to post the same. 

Everytime he gets to the bye line he’s got his head up looking at where he wants to put it, and more often than not it’s a pass on the ground rather than an aimless swing. He’s always looking for a player rather than just an area. 

The other thing I’ve noticed is when he does get in those positions he looks so calm and confident with what he wants to do. 

Very impressed so far, and as@MaVillapointed out above, £12m really is good business. Both our prior 2 LB signings cost more than that, Digne considerably so. Another reason why a top manager is worth their weight in gold. 

Edited by av1

I said when we signed him that we haven't had a fullback like this in a long, long time. A creative fullback if you like, who can dribble, beat a man, and pick the final ball. Gives our play a completely different dynamic.

dont want to knock Cash, but you can really tell Moreno is a left winger converted to a full back, where as i would never have guessed in a million years that Cash was a winger converted to a full back.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

dont want to knock Cash, but you can really tell Moreno is a left winger converted to a full back, where as i would never have guessed in a million years that Cash was a winger converted to a full back.

You wouldn’t guess it about Cash because he can actually defend 😉

13 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Moreno is not a bad defender; I don't know where this myth has come from but certainly not from his performances in a Villa shirt. Bit weird tbh.

Yeah I don't get it either if I'm honest!

• Like 1

Also you have to remember he has only been playing in this league around 2 months. He’ll only get better.   Shame he isn’t younger but he does look a lot younger than 29 and seem the athletic type that can go on for several years in their 30s.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Also you have to remember he has only been playing in this league around 2 months. He’ll only get better.   Shame he isn’t younger but he does look a lot younger than 29 and seem the athletic type that can go on for several years in their 30s.

He is built like Ash Young rather than bulky so i think as well he will be effective throughout his contract. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s 29! 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hes been impressive and for the money a brilliant signing so far 👏 

4 hours ago, est1874 said:

Moreno is not a bad defender; I don't know where this myth has come from but certainly not from his performances in a Villa shirt. Bit weird tbh.

I do think he's got a mistake in him though. I can think he's lost the ball or been out of position at least once in every game so far. Thankfully aside from the Leicester game mings has swept most of them up. 

I do think it is a natural thing though. Simply because he gets forward so quickly and is willing to play under pressure in our thrid rather than just getting rid of it. It has helped us massively going forward but it can definitely make it appear like he's worse defensively than he is. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â