Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

13 hours ago, Cizzler said:

Also lost possession the most on the pitch… (27 times).

I’m surprised by how positive the comments are to be honest. Not writing him off at all - it’s a huge challenge to come off the bench and debut in the PL, obviously he only got here a few days ago.

I thought first half he was really poor, gave the ball away a lot. Missed a completely rash challenge flying in. Played Rodrigo onside for the chance that was eventually cleared off the line (which was great tracking back by him, so fair play - maybe got a bit lucky with where the deflection went though, as it was off his trailing leg).

He was slightly better second half. I remember a nice pass into the box he picked out. He seemed to think he had an extra second - but I guess that’s PL vs La Liga. I was surprised Leeds didn’t stick Gnonto on him 1:1.

Hope the Digne injury isn’t too serious, and this guy can be given a fair period to adapt. However, he is 29, so hardly one for the future.

I think that’s a fair assessment. He put in two good balls in the second half, one was an intelligent pass into Ings and another a deep cross. I think to add to your comments I’d say he looks good playing forward at speed, seems to have a good touch and a bit of pace.

He’d also been here a few days and wouldn’t have been expecting to feature much so I think plenty of leeway at this stage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macandally said:

If you can come in, with less than 48 hours at the club, get thrown on unexpectedly after 10 minutes and hold your own against a high press, high tempo Leeds team you have a chance.

Thought he did great all those factors considered 

Exactly. It was an altogether stellar debut. 

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

17 years as the Villa left back is unbelievable. It will never be matched.

Although 50% of it in the lower divisions - before my time so I can’t comment but my old man’s position on Aitken has always been great servant, very average player.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cizzler said:

Played Rodrigo onside for the chance that was eventually cleared off the line (which was great tracking back by him, so fair play - maybe got a bit lucky with where the deflection went though, as it was off his trailing leg).

No-one played Rodrigo on. Great defending to get back but if it had gone in I’m pretty sure VAR would have disallowed it for offside by an armpit or so.

10 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Although 50% of it in the lower divisions - before my time so I can’t comment but my old man’s position on Aitken has always been great servant, very average player.

fair comment

• Like 1

On 15/01/2023 at 01:53, Adam2003 said:

Your Old man is wrong, Charlie was an accomplished Left back. No-one got past him not even George Best!

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

He's new to the PL and the athleticism is tough going - he's handling it pretty well all ends up but he'll definitely be more comfortable when he's up to speed.

Its half a yard quicker here. Remember when Man Utd bought a rapid fullback about 15 years ago and he had stinkers at the start of his prem career. He will be fine i am sure. A talented player

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â