Midweek Football 29/30 December/New Yrs Eve & New Yrs Day football 31 December/1 January

andykeenan

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Another goal for Haaland. Ripping the Premier League mythic difficult reputation to shreds, guy will probably hit 50 this season in the league alone

Will be interesting though if they don't win the league though as then the debate will be are Pep teams just better having a false 9 rather than someone scoring that amount a season.

Can see both sides, Barca were great to watch with Messi as the CF but equally they won CLs with Eto'o and David Villa upfront.

4 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Lyanco really is a terrible player. Probably at fault for a lot of the goals Southampton concede.

I looked at the Southampton team today and had no idea who half of them are, Lynaco, Perraud, Mara, Ezodie?!!!!!

I've said before they're exactly what we were a decade ago when we signed likes of Lowton, Joe Bennett, Bowery etc. They don't have a Benteke though and Nathan Jones was a really odd pick as manager, he won't make it until February at this rate.

If Ward Prowse is out, who's even their most experienced starting player? I'm guessing someone like Kyle Walkers Peters and he's about 24.

Badly need 2-3 experienced heads in the transfer window.

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Will be interesting though if they don't win the league though as then the debate will be are Pep teams just better having a false 9 rather than someone scoring that amount a season.

Can see both sides, Barca were great to watch with Messi as the CF but equally they won CLs with Eto'o and David Villa upfront.

City probably lost the title today. Haaland for all his brilliance hasn’t made the team any better, I’d say they’re less good now than they were last season. Having a prolific goal scorer apparently makes the team mates lazy.

37 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I looked at the Southampton team today and had no idea who half of them are, Lynaco, Perraud, Mara, Ezodie?!!!!!

I've said before they're exactly what we were a decade ago when we signed likes of Lowton, Joe Bennett, Bowery etc. They don't have a Benteke though and Nathan Jones was a really odd pick as manager, he won't make it until February at this rate.

If Ward Prowse is out, who's even their most experienced starting player? I'm guessing someone like Kyle Walkers Peters and he's about 24.

Badly need 2-3 experienced heads in the transfer window.

Armstrong and Che Adams. I see have Maitland Niles and Willy Caballero in the squad today as well

They have that Caleta Car who people cried that we should have signed to replace Mings and he cant get a game

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Armstrong and Che Adams. I see have Maitland Niles and Willy Caballero in the squad today as well

They have that Caleta Car who people cried that we should have signed to replace Mings and he cant get a game

Armstrong is more of a squad player although he really should be starting in their current situation. Still had it in my head Che Adams was about 22-23 but guess he's mid 20s as been around for a while.

Guess they'll recall Bednarek in January.

29 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

City probably lost the title today. Haaland for all his brilliance hasn’t made the team any better, I’d say they’re less good now than they were last season. Having a prolific goal scorer apparently makes the team mates lazy.

I agree with this, media have been blinded by Haaland, but in reality City are not9 any better, if anything they have lost the graft. Personally think they look crap in some games, poor today.

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They signed a bunch of kids with a focus on talent in possession. Then they appointed a manager who prefers to sit deep and ping long balls towards Che.

43 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

It reminds me of when United signed Van Nistelrooy and while his stats were great the others didnt help and United werent winning much

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I think they have become one dimensional

Chelsea have massively dropped off from recent years, they need a proper striker....they just seem very underwhelming and like they are happy they are nowhere near competing for the title. They seem drifting and aimless to me, their transfer dealings in summer and even now in january seem very sporadic and random, like they are preparing the fanbase for a period of stagnantion/decline.

7 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Chelsea have massively dropped off from recent years, they need a proper striker....they just seem very underwhelming and like they are happy they are nowhere near competing for the title. They seem drifting and aimless to me, their transfer dealings in summer and even now in january seem very sporadic and random, like they are preparing the fanbase for a period of stagnantion/decline.

It’s mad really. They’ve spent 300m+ on strikers in the last x years and still have basically nothing. 

• Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â