Who do you think is out the door in January?

maqroll

I think we'll see Nakamba and Guilbert leave and possibly Olsen (if we can bring in a suitable number two GK).  I do have a funny feeling that there will be a surprise departure in there also if Unai is able to strengthen in the areas he wants to.... 

Not sure about Sanson and Coutinho - is Sanson injured again or has he blotted his copybook with a third successive manager?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLVillan said:

I think we'll see Nakamba and Guilbert leave and possibly Olsen (if we can bring in a suitable number two GK).  I do have a funny feeling that there will be a surprise departure in there also if Unai is able to strengthen in the areas he wants to.... 

Not sure about Sanson and Coutinho - is Sanson injured again or has he blotted his copybook with a third successive manager?

Supposedly an injury issue for Sanson.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bednarek i think the loan will be terminated. Pointless loan signing.  Aug might be terminated too

I think olsen will be kept then sold in summer.

Coutinho could see loaned out.

Nakamba and guilbert will be gone

The Bednarek loan signing was not pointless. We had a big injury to Carlos and needed a CB in case of further injury to our back 4. 

Given Chambers form when played this season I'd prefer Bednarek if we had an injury to Mings say. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The Bednarek loan signing was not pointless. We had a big injury to Carlos and needed a CB in case of further injury to our back 4. 

Given Chambers form when played this season I'd prefer Bednarek if we had an injury to Mings say. 

I think it has been pointless as we haven't rotated at cb.  Bednarek is no  ettee than what we have in my opinion

Bednarek being so shite that he got subbed off half-way through his first start and Stevie Me was immediately fired is all the merit his loan move needs for me, and as such he (hopefully) buggers off back to Soton ASAP with my full blessing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think it has been pointless as we haven't rotated at cb.  Bednarek is no  ettee than what we have in my opinion

Nothing to do with rotation. He was brought in as cover in case of injury. If we had an injury then he would have been used more. It's pretty simple tbh

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We could have just kept Hause in the squad

I think we had to be fair to Hause, he wanted to play football and we needed to allow him to go on loan as planned. A successful loan and he could be sold. Plus Bednarek is more experienced and better CB than Hause. 

• Like 2

Ideally we need players sold for the income and salary reduction, to help support Emery in the transfer market!

Guilbert - 2m

Hause - 3-5m

Nakamba - 2m

Sanson - 5m? (he is clearly worth more than 5m, but with how he has bombed here, his value will probably be low?)

Traore - 5-10m

Davis - 5-10m

That would generate anywhere between 22m and 35m ish, plus the reduction in wages (i would guess those players earn 250k p/w between them - maybe more) , that would bolster our transfer kitty a fair bit.

tbh tho, i just expect more loans....loans, loans, loans!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Supposedly an injury issue for Sanson.

apparently a 'personal issue' not an injury

I've argued for him getting chances, but it feels like flogging a dead horse, so may aswell sell and try and recoup something.

No-one is going to buy Coutinho and no one willing to loan him can afford his wages, so can't see him going anywhere.

Hopefully we can recall some players and send others like Bednarek back

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

apparently a 'personal issue' not an injury

I've argued for him getting chances, but it feels like flogging a dead horse, so may aswell sell and try and recoup something.

No-one is going to buy Coutinho and no one willing to loan him can afford his wages, so can't see him going anywhere.

Hopefully we can recall some players and send others like Bednarek back

I think a loan till the end of the season might bring his value up. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think a loan till the end of the season might bring his value up. 

Sanson or Coutinho? Both i would guess?

I genuinely don't think Phil will want to move again, unless he loved his mate Steve so much that he can't go on without him.