VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

5 minutes ago, veloman said:

Wonder if his death will affect their up-coming tour in America? They were due to play at MSG with Steely Dan as SUPPORT ! Think they got that the wrong way 'round.

He hadn't been in the band for decades had he? 

6 minutes ago, veloman said:

Wonder if his death will affect their up-coming tour in America? They were due to play at MSG with Steely Dan as SUPPORT ! Think they got that the wrong way 'round.

He hasn't been in the band since 1976! 

As I'm sure @bickster would agree, the Eagles are the Beatles of their genre. If you don't like it, fair enough, but they were (mostly) brilliant at what they did, hence the huge success. Like the Beatles, it all got too much for them and they ended up very rich, but hating each other's guts. 

And just as the Beatles were the soundtrack to my 1960s, the Eagles took that role for the first half of the 70s. In both cases, I now almost never play their music, due to over-familiarity. 

But I'd still rather listen to either band than any of the Mercury Prize artists being discussed on the music thread. 

Actually, I'd rather hit myself over the head with a lump hammer than listen to that lot. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I just looked at a list of Eagles songs, I knew two of them and I wished I didn't

They've done some great stuff, my favourite album is the first one with Schmit, "The Long Run", then they split for the first time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

They've done some great stuff, my favourite album is the first one with Schmit, "The Long Run", then they split for the first time.

That's my least favourite, by a country mile. 

10 hours ago, sne said:

Actor (Euphoria) Angus Cloud 25 y.o

Didn’t watch that show but this one looks like suicide, father died last week and he had mental health issues.

28 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Conductor and Composer Carl Davis has died. 

Wasn’t he the guy the press thought was Megan Markle in disguise at the Coronation??? 

Edit: Nope - that was the composer, Karl Jenkins

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Wasn’t he the guy the press thought was Megan Markle in disguise at the Coronation??? 

Edit: Nope - that was the composer, Karl Jenkins

To be fair, he does look quite a lot like Megan.

image.png.a8cb2b749d949036772823d7a771c843.png

• Haha 1