VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

23 minutes ago, El Zen said:

And responsible for an absolutely wonderful song by Belle & Sebastian, that reached a wider audience through ‘High Fidelity’. 

Record company man, won't be coming to dinner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Nora Forster (John Lydon's missus), 80. Bloody Alzheimer's.  :(

Erm Ari Ups Mother too. She was a really interesting and undersung character in the original London squat/punk scene. Like a mother figure to the likes of The Clash and the Sex Pistols. Pre-punk she was also involved with Jimi Hendrix, WIshbone Ash and Yes amongst others. She was a media Heiress, I think she inherited over $100 million dollars when her dad died, he was one of the owners of Der Spiegel also her first husband was a Slager Singer of some note in Germany.

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Wonder how he died? Looks like the old man in the new promotional pictures.

They said no suspicious circumstances so I'm going to posit it may have been suicide?

Sad news though. I know he'd had money problems but with the reunion tour, things seemed to be on the up for him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Wonder how he died? Looks like the old man in the new promotional pictures.

He looked about his age (46) but the others had all aged much better.

Any word on what he died of?

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

They said no suspicious circumstances so I'm going to posit it may have been suicide?

Sad news though. I know he'd had money problems but with the reunion tour, things seemed to be on the up for him.

Could easily have been a heart attack

• Like 1

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

Paul Cattermole - S Club 7 -  a very young 46

Never rated him as a player, thought he was crap for Sunderland I didn't realise he made over 200 appearances for them though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gareth Richards, comedian, 41.

Was involved in a car smash a week or two ago. Taken off life support today. 

• Sad 2

Lasse Wellander has died.  Notably ABBA’s guitarist. Although the guitar was present but  wasn’t prominent in a lot of ABBA’s singles, his work is all over the albums. I believe he also worked with Agnatha and separately Bjorn and Benny following the split. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

The actor Michael Lerner has died. I know him from the film Anguish but apparently he was in Elf. 

Yeah, he was Elf’s dad’s, boss who wouldn’t let him take time off.

Edited by Genie

Craig Breedlove, 86.

Set land speed records in 1963 and 65. 

The Beach Boys recorded a song about the first instance and named it after his vehicle, "Spirit of America". 

• Like 1