VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

According to her agent she was without question Britain's most famous astrologer by a million miles and nobody came close to her in that respect. 

Russell Grant undergoes surgery for brain tumour - Media Mole

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

According to her agent she was without question Britain's most famous astrologer by a million miles and nobody came close to her in that respect. 

Russell Grant undergoes surgery for brain tumour - Media Mole

Her agent would have a point tbh

As much as Russell Grant may have a claim, his name wasn't used by people in sentences like "When did you become Mystic Meg?"

That just tips the scales I think

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

As much as Russell Grant may have a claim, his name wasn't used by people in sentences like "When did you become Mystic Meg?"

My missus used him as an example at work once. 

They had one of these personality profiling/teamwork style 'experts' in. Her exact words to her boss were: "May as well get Russell **** ing Grant in to do our horoscopes while you're at it". 

That's my girl. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My missus used him as an example at work once. 

They had one of these personality profiling/teamwork style 'experts' in. Her exact words to her boss were: "May as well get Russell **** ing Grant in to do our horoscopes while you're at it". 

That's my girl. 

I'd say she was the exception not the rule though

Didn't they have slightly different USPs? 

Grant was more the trad astrologer - zodiac signs, Saturn rising in Uranus, all that tosh. While Meg was more the clairvoyant claiming to get messages from the beyond? I could be wrong, I never took much notice of that stuff. 

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Didn't they have slightly different USPs? 

Grant was more the trad astrologer - zodiac signs, Saturn rising in Uranus, all that tosh. While Meg was more the clairvoyant claiming to get messages from the beyond? I could be wrong, I never took much notice of that stuff. 

I think Meg was proficient in both forms of bullshit

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Bunch of **** charlatans the lot of em.

Hate all that stuff.

I've been to see a few and I'd say yes and no... Its obviously all a load of bollocks and I've seen it prey on the weak and needy in a really uncomfortable fashion too but at the same time I've done it before and it's been fascinating, charisma and confidence of the person doing it made it fun and entertaining

5 hours ago, sne said:

Actor Robert Blake who was found not guilty of murdering his wife. 89 y.o

Baretta and Electra Glide In Blue 😔

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Cartoonist Bill Tidy, 89. 

Back in the student days in the Student Union, there was this magical mechanical wall that we could separate the main big hall from the bar area with. So the wall was down unless there was an event on. Bill Tidy once drew a massive cartoon on this wall, it was much loved by everyone and we were always really careful with it, it had been there a good number of years

After I'd left, one summer, the University decided to paint the inside of the Student Union

You guessed it, they painted over the cartoon the absolute knobs

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Back in the student days in the Student Union, there was this magical mechanical wall that we could separate the main big hall from the bar area with. So the wall was down unless there was an event on. Bill Tidy once drew a massive cartoon on this wall, it was much loved by everyone and we were always really careful with it, it had been there a good number of years

After I'd left, one summer, the University decided to paint the inside of the Student Union

You guessed it, they painted over the cartoon the absolute knobs

The Fosdyke Saga and The Cloggies were both brilliant. Although the latter would undoubtedly be unacceptable in today's climate, featuring as it did such amusing characters as Reginald ('Reg') Thrumper, the "Blagdon Amateur Rapist" and the unnamed 'Blagdon Groper and Nuisance'. 

• Like 2

I was at school in 1968 when Fosbury hit the headlines in the Mexico City Olympics. We immediately wanted to adopt The Flop, but it was strictly forbidden by our PE teachers - only the straddle or scissors techniques were permitted. Probably with good reason - our high jump pit was sand, at ground level. Raised inflated mattresses were unheard of. Can't remember when they got with the times.