Christmas Football 26/28 December

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

When they get going, they're just so so good in tight spaces. Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Nketiah, they all just have the ability to wriggle around. They're honestly a pleasure to watch, way more fun than City and I hope they win the league. 

Yes I really enjoy watching them 

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

palace are in trouble. they needed 4-6 points from these games. outside bet for relegation IMO. bournemouth next, then these are their next 10 after that

spurs

chelsea

newcastle

utd

brighton

brentford

liverpool

us

city

arsenal

They are still above us in the table

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They are still above us in the table

if you look at their 10 games after their next (bournemouth), i'd be amazed if in 11 games time we're not well clear of them

jan is a big month for us, we should be looking at taking some points based on the teams we're playing

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

if you look at their 10 games after their next (bournemouth), i'd be amazed if in 11 games time we're not well clear of them

jan is a big month for us, we should be looking at taking some points based on the teams we're playing

Before your post I thought they were below us so was surprised. They are a team that will lose to poor teams but have enough good players so they will take unexpected points

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Before your post I thought they were below us so was surprised. They are a team that will lose to poor teams but have enough good players so they will take unexpected points

my mate tells me fans are questioning viera already. maybe they'll be ok but something doesn't seem right. zaha rumours never seem to go away too and he's out of contract in the summer

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

When they get going, they're just so so good in tight spaces. Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Nketiah, they all just have the ability to wriggle around. They're honestly a pleasure to watch, way more fun than City and I hope they win the league. 

Shouldn't be a shock. They improved a lot last season but ran out of gas. Saka's been a top player for 2-3 years now and really improving his end product, Martinelli also been very close for 18 months and everything clicking for him now and Odegaard had a brilliant season for Real Sociedad not so long ago.

Actually think Joao Felix would do well for them so interested if there's anything in that link, he could be a smart pick up.

The lead is now 8 points so quite a bit of pressure on Man. City to keep winning and wait for Arsenal to drop some points. Not certain as Man. City have Chelsea and Man. United away in next month, they're basically in the position Liverpool were 12 months ago so new dynamic for them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah Palace will get some draws/odd win from likes of Spurs, Chelsea, Man. United etc.Brentford, Brighton and us are games they could draw or win with good performance aswell. Just that typical team who string a few results together but don't have enough for europe but will beat enough in the bottom half to be comfortably clear of bottom 3. Fulham are having a very good season in case people aren't realising.

Problem is Vieria is really unbalancing them at times this season, front 3 and at times they've had Eze + Ayew in the midfield three. Would be like us putting Buendia and Coutinho infront of Kamara so that midfield has its limitations in certain games.

We should be finishing above both.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Shouldn't be a shock. They improved a lot last season but ran out of gas. Saka's been a top player for 2-3 years now and really improving his end product, Martinelli also been very close for 18 months and everything clicking for him now and Odegaard had a brilliant season for Real Sociedad not so long ago.

Actually think Joao Felix would do well for them so interested if there's anything in that link, he could be a smart pick up.

The lead is now 8 points so quite a bit of pressure on Man. City to keep winning and wait for Arsenal to drop some points. Not certain as Man. City have Chelsea and Man. United away in next month, they're basically in the position Liverpool were 12 months ago so new dynamic for them.

And yet Man City will still win the league at a canter. 

Haaland is a cheat code to add to their other cheat codes. 

Edited by GlobalVillan

11 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

And yet Man City will still win the league at a canter. 

Haaland is a cheat code to add to their other cheat codes. 

I'm not sure. Man. City already dropped 10 points and have had an easier first 15 games than Arsenal imo. Man. City still have aways at Spurs, Chelsea, Man. United, Arsenal etc.

Whoever gets to 90 points wins the league I think. Arsenal on 89 points and Man. City on 90 isn't them winning the league at a canter anyway so would need a real drop off from Arsenal at this point e.g 1 win in 8 games.

Arsenal need to win just 10 from their last 23 to get to 70 points so they're in a very strong position now.

Chelsea look like they might be getting their act together.

The top four will be really interesting this season.

I think Arsenal and Man City are pretty much assured of being in there, but with Newcastle adding an extra wrinkle, there are going to be big names missing out on the top four and missing out on the money - things are changing a little bit - there may be opportunities for us.

If I was picking at the moment, I'd go Citeh, Spurs, Newcastle and Chelsea - has there ever been a season where both Man Utd and Liverpool have missed out?

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I think Arsenal and Man City are pretty much assured of being in there, but with Newcastle adding an extra wrinkle, there are going to be big names missing out on the top four and missing out on the money - things are changing a little bit - there may be opportunities for us.

If I was picking at the moment, I'd go Citeh, Spurs, Newcastle and Chelsea - has there ever been a season where both Man Utd and Liverpool have missed out?

Futurama Squint GIFs | Tenor

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah, Chelsea were awful before the WC break but after a few weeks on the training pitch they suddenly look very much like a Potter team.

28 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Yeah, Chelsea were awful before the WC break but after a few weeks on the training pitch they suddenly look very much like a Potter team.

People go on about how Smith was a streaky manager, but Potter is the same.

Started off at Chelsea with a good unbeaten run, then went on a run of poor results where they hardly scored any goals, now looking good today.

He was the same at Brighton

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â