Christmas Football 26/28 December

andykeenan

The thing for me with the second red for Palace is there was no contact with the face or even enough force to make a grown man fall to the floor.

yes, Tompkins moved his arm to block Mitrovic but it was the falling down and face clutching that got the ref’s attention and won the carding.

I agree it’s a foul but the seriousness of the offence was greatly exaggerated by the theatrics by Mitrovic. 

I decided to watch Everton Wolves, reasoning that the need of both teams for a result would make a good or at least interesting game. I was wrong! Is there a better match to be watching? (Don't say Newcastle, got no interest in watching them win). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I decided to watch Everton Wolves, reasoning that the need of both teams for a result would make a good or at least interesting game. I was wrong! Is there a better match to be watching? (Don't say Newcastle, got no interest in watching them win). 

I’m flicking between them but Southampton are looking entertainingly poor

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Watching Palace vs Fulham (who are dominating the home team who are now down to 9 men) 

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Have switched to this one. Who got sent off? Rightly, wrongly?

Tyriek Mitchell in the first half for a none malicious but bad tackle (straight red)

James Tompkins in the second half (2 yellows) after Mitrovic made a meal of it with a ‘high arm’ to the chest/shoulder area (fell like a sack of shit, clutching his face!) 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The thing for me with the second red for Palace is there was no contact with the face or even enough force to make a grown man fall to the floor.

yes, Tompkins moved his arm to block Mitrovic but it was the falling down and face clutching that got the ref’s attention and won the carding.

I agree it’s a foul but the seriousness of the offence was greatly exaggerated by the theatrics by Mitrovic. 

The same theatrics that got Dougie inexplicably sent off.

• Like 1

Pains me to say it but Newcastle are just firing on all cylinders, they’ve got really good balance in the team, they defend well and have a top goalkeeper, they’re not an overly pacy team without Saint-Maximin on the pitch but they move the ball quickly and correctly more often than not. Here’s hoping they pick up some injuries because I’m not sure anything else will prevent them from getting a top 4 finish this season.

Lampard

:crylaugh:

All the better that you could see that goal happening from the second it got lumped over to Traore, it was almost like slow motion.

And then even better again because it came after a minute of Everton aimlessly knocking it around between the defenders afraid to do anything.

24 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Tyriek Mitchell in the first half for a none malicious but bad tackle (straight red)

James Tompkins in the second half (2 yellows) after Mitrovic made a meal of it with a ‘high arm’ to the chest/shoulder area (fell like a sack of shit, clutching his face!) 

Mitrovic being a cheating peice of shit? Who'd have thought. Would love to see someone give him a proper reason to fall to the floor holding his face.

• Like 1

There was probably 5 acts of cheating and play acting in todays games that are worse than what Emi did in the WC final and after. Its just accepted though, as part of the game.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Had no idea Tomkins was still at Palace. The missus supports them and she had no idea either when I shouted he'd been sent off.😂

Palace squad seems odd collection of players who are young and promising and then old guys like Tomkins, Joel Ward, Clyne and Ridewaald who've been there for years warming the bench.

Fulham having such a good season. On 22 points now and really should have more points given they lost to both Manchester clubs in 94th minute before the break.

• Like 1

palace are in trouble. they needed 4-6 points from these games. outside bet for relegation IMO. bournemouth next, then these are their next 10 after that

spurs

chelsea

newcastle

utd

brighton

brentford

liverpool

us

city

arsenal

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

This arsenal team are so good. Definite title contenders 

When they get going, they're just so so good in tight spaces. Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Nketiah, they all just have the ability to wriggle around. They're honestly a pleasure to watch, way more fun than City and I hope they win the league. 

• Like 2

Â