Club World Cup

duke313

23 minutes ago, tinker said:

FIFA power grab on club football. The premier league and its clubs can only lose out to these super leagues ideas, especially when it's been run by a cartel of criminals, FIFA. 

That works on the assumption that the FA, PL and UEFA are all OK but big bad fifa trying to tap in to that money are the bad guys...

In reality they're all at it aren't they, the PL are the owners of the golden goose, for all the talk of the middle east and the States Wembley has greased many a palm in the last 20 years 

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Sounds like it will be shit and I'll be amazed if a European club didn't win every single one. 

Also, how the flying **** are Newcastle above Man United in the fifa rankings?

Saudi Arabia owns and runs FIFA?

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That works on the assumption that the FA, PL and UEFA are all OK but big bad fifa trying to tap in to that money are the bad guys...

In reality they're all at it aren't they, the PL are the owners of the golden goose, for all the talk of the middle east and the States Wembley has greased many a palm in the last 20 years 

I agree, however we benefit from the PL, we wouldn't benefit from any FIFA led competition, only a few PL clubs would. 

I am open to the idea. Let's see what it looks like. The more football the better in my opinion. 

Once the bullshit of man u qualifying on past glory each season comes to light I might change my mind.

But the principle isn't bad in itself. 

2 hours ago, tinker said:

I agree, however we benefit from the PL, we wouldn't benefit from any FIFA led competition, only a few PL clubs would. 

Sadly, I don't think the choice is between the PL and the FIFA competition.

Either those few PL clubs (and their European contemporaries) are going to grab that last profitable space in the football calendar or FIFA are - that's the choice - the super league clubs or FIFA.

In theory, FIFA are an organisation that are set up to defend the health of the game, to have the wider interest of all clubs and leagues and the grass roots in mind in their decision making and to make decisions that look after football, the football family and fans - in theory.

Clubs on the other hand each have a single, solitary aim, to increase the profitability and market share for their individual club, regardless of the impact of that on other clubs and leagues, Real Madrid's CEO does not have 'worry about Stockport County' in his job description, nor does he give a flying fortress about the FA Cup, the financial health of the Dutch league or the development of the game in India.

So on paper, this is a straight choice between our representative, FIFA, or the self interest and greed of corporate European super clubs - an easy one to pick a side in.

Our problem is that FIFA, our hero, is a dirty, corrupted, slime ball who has a tendency to ignore his principles and side with whoever gives him a load of money, a new watch or puts him in a jacuzzi with Miss Milan 2019.*

I don't think "do nothing" is going to be an option  - and I suspect this might get pushed through by FIFA on the back of the support of clubs like Villa, Everton, Anderlecht, and Brugge - by the "other 14" in the Premier league and the bottom half of La Liga - those that know that the Superleague plan had at its heart their relegation to a lower status forever.

*(See also modern democracy and politicians vs banks).

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sadly, I don't think the choice is between the PL and the FIFA competition.

Either those few PL clubs (and their European contemporaries) are going to grab that last profitable space in the football calendar or FIFA are - that's the choice - the super league clubs or FIFA.

In theory, FIFA are an organisation that are set up to defend the health of the game, to have the wider interest of all clubs and leagues and the grass roots in mind in their decision making and to make decisions that look after football, the football family and fans - in theory.

Clubs on the other hand each have a single, solitary aim, to increase the profitability and market share for their individual club, regardless of the impact of that on other clubs and leagues, Real Madrid's CEO does not have 'worry about Stockport County' in his job description, nor does he give a flying fortress about the FA Cup, the financial health of the Dutch league or the development of the game in India.

So on paper, this is a straight choice between our representative, FIFA, or the self interest and greed of corporate European super clubs - an easy one to pick a side in.

Our problem is that FIFA, our hero, is a dirty, corrupted, slime ball who has a tendency to ignore his principles and side with whoever gives him a load of money, a new watch or puts him in a jacuzzi with Miss Milan 2019.*

I don't think "do nothing" is going to be an option  - and I suspect this might get pushed through by FIFA on the back of the support of clubs like Villa, Everton, Anderlecht, and Brugge - by the "other 14" in the Premier league and the bottom half of La Liga - those that know that the Superleague plan had at its heart their relegation to a lower status forever.

*(See also modern democracy and politicians vs banks).

It's against the interest of the PL who are the most powerful league in the world, it's time they started to protect this status. FIFA, if given a foothold in club football, will reign havoc. They don't even pretend not to be corrupt, it's a disgraceful farce of an organisation who would probably set the world league up in Qatar in the winter. 

Fairly certain they revealed that the "European Super League" was to be funded by Saudi Arabia via with JP Morgan acting as cover. Qatar runs UEFA via Al-Khelaïfi who's been very vocal against the Super League.

Can't see past that this is a way for FIFA/ The Saudis to try and break European football for their benefit. It's FIFA/ Saudi vs UEFA/Qatar for who will own football. Yes there are some American investment banks involved too but it's absolutely no longer the "European game"

38 minutes ago, tinker said:

It's against the interest of the PL who are the most powerful league in the world.

Is it against the interests of Southampton or Brighton or Brentford or Leeds or Leicester?

It's against the interests of the big six because it prevents them breaking away by taking up the space in the calendar they'd like to use.

In an argument between a Superleague that I will never be able to take part in and makes some of the teams I have to play against financially stronger to an enormous degree, and a FIFA competition where they don't earn quite as much and some of the money gets fed back into the pyramid - if I'm any of those teams, I'm picking FIFA.

If we get a Superleague, the Premier League is relegated to being the second most important league most of its members play in - the FIFA competition doesn't do that.

I'd say it's in the interest of the majority of the Premier League that FIFA and not Europe's super clubs win this one.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sne said:

Fairly certain they revealed that the "European Super League" was to be funded by Saudi Arabia via with JP Morgan acting as cover. Qatar runs UEFA via Al-Khelaïfi who's been very vocal against the Super League.

Can't see past that this is a way for FIFA/ The Saudis to try and break European football for their benefit. It's FIFA/ Saudi vs UEFA/Qatar for who will own football. Yes there are some American investment banks involved too but it's absolutely no longer the "European game"

I'm not sure I get this - the Superleague was the clubs vs UEFA - it was the CEO's at those clubs telling the governing body they were taking control - financed by the Saudi's and Americans - it was clubs on one side vs UEFA and FIFA on the other side.

I'm not sure how we then get to FIFA and Saudi on the same side versus UEFA?

*Incidentally both Saudi Arabia and JP Morgan strongly denied that the Saudi's were in anyway financing the ESL.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is it against the interests of Southampton or Brighton or Brentford or Leeds or Leicester?

It's against the interests of the big six because it prevents them breaking away by taking up the space in the calendar they'd like to use.

In an argument between a Superleague that I will never be able to take part in and makes some of the teams I have to play against financially stronger to an enormous degree, and a FIFA competition where they don't earn quite as much and some of the money gets fed back into the pyramid - if I'm any of those teams, I'm picking FIFA.

If we get a Superleague, the Premier League is relegated to being the second most important league most of its members play in - the FIFA competition doesn't do that.

I'd say it's in the interest of the majority of the Premier League that FIFA and not Europe's super clubs win this one.

It's important fans understand this.

Fans of the top 6 as well as everyone else. When they try again, they'll try and bring the fans with them.

If that means painting UEFA, FIFA, and the rest of the PL as villains, that's what they'll do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure I get this - the Superleague was the clubs vs UEFA - it was the CEO's at those clubs telling the governing body they were taking control - financed by the Saudi's and Americans - it was clubs on one side vs UEFA and FIFA on the other side.

I'm not convinced FIFA are fully against the Super League going forward.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

I'm not convinced FIFA are fully against the Super League going forward.

Why?

It would mean them surrendering their role as overseers of the global game, controllers of football worldwide and instead accepting a position as administrators of international football. 

To an extent, the Superleague would be the start of a rival governing body for the global game - FIFA supporting the Superleague would be turkeys voting for christmas.

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's important fans understand this.

Fans of the top 6 as well as everyone else. When they try again, they'll try and bring the fans with them.

If that means painting UEFA, FIFA, and the rest of the PL as villains, that's what they'll do.

I think a majority of the hardcore match going fans of the Super League clubs are against it.

The slimy clubs are aiming for the Internet fans who love Pessi and Penaldo and who think years of heritage should be ripped up so they can watch league games live without travelling to the grounds

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Why?

It would mean them surrendering their role as overseers of the global game, controllers of football worldwide and instead accepting a position as administrators of international football. 

To an extent, the Superleague would be the start of a rival governing body for the global game - FIFA supporting the Superleague would be turkeys voting for christmas.

Yeah, should have said Saudis and not FIFA perhaps. This feels like their plan B if they can't get the Super League

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

*Incidentally both Saudi Arabia and JP Morgan strongly denied that the Saudi's were in anyway financing the ESL.

Is that in the same way that Saudi Arabia assured Boris Johnson they weren’t financing Newcastle?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We don't have to have either a superleague or world cup club competition from a PL point of view we can carry as we are. We have the teams any super league or world league needs and they ain't Everton , Southampton or villa.

As for FIFA, no. 

"As Qatar’s World Cup ends it is time for truth: Fifa chose death and suffering"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/16/as-qatars-world-cup-ends-it-is-time-for-truth-fifa-chose-death-and-suffering

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think a majority of the hardcore match going fans of the Super League clubs are against it.

The slimy clubs are aiming for the Internet fans who love Pessi and Penaldo and who think years of heritage should be ripped up so they can watch league games live without travelling to the grounds

Luckily a lot of those fans aren't even real people.

There is so many of them they do sway fan opinion though.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Luckily a lot of those fans aren't even real people.

There is so many of them they do sway fan opinion though.

I saw a video online earlier of the famous Alan Hansen chip over the defence vs United and he squared it to somebody who missed.

Most of the online comments were that the No.7 is the shittest player ever or Maguires Dad......it was Kenny Dalglish 😂😂

Edited by Zatman

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â