Formula One - 2023

BOF

16 hours ago, Farlz said:

11 wins in a row for Red Bull matching the monster 88' McLaren. 

I can't imagine they don't beat it and pull off some crazy record. 

Remember when it was boring because blessed Hamilton just won every week. 

Edited by sidcow

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Remember when it was boring because blessed Hamilton just won every week. 

The story of F1, lurching from 1 dominant team to another. What price for 2 similar teams, all with good drivers at the top of the grid?

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The story of F1, lurching from 1 dominant team to another. What price for 2 similar teams, all with good drivers at the top of the grid?

Made worse by the fact that the one good year we had in 2021 showed just how incredibly exciting the sport can be when you have two really competitive teams and now lingers in the memory like a look-what-you-could-have-won moment.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Musically, terrible

Singing, appalling 

Visually, looked like a massive bell end.

I bet the APX GP guys were **** furious about this :D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I bet the APX GP guys were **** furious about this :D

I bet “Hollywood” sorts that shitshow out in the movie.

Its like Silverstone ran out of money and needed someone famous but who would also do it for free. 

Edited by Genie

Just now, Genie said:

I bet “Hollywood” sorts that shitshow out in the movie.

Yeah no doubt

Just now, Genie said:

Its like they ran out of money and needed someone famous but who would also do it for free. 

I never understand why people think doing something "fancy" to the national anthem will impress people.

Just **** sing it normally, and everyone will either be like "He's got a great voice" or "Fair play for doing that"

If you try and sing it like Frank Sinatra you're going to sound like a bellend

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah no doubt

I never understand why people think doing something "fancy" to the national anthem will impress people.

Just **** sing it normally, and everyone will either be like "He's got a great voice" or "Fair play for doing that"

If you try and sing it like Frank Sinatra you're going to sound like a bellend

It’s delivered in a bizarre cross between Elvis and Frank Sinatra.

Rarely do celebrities deserve online abuse, but I think in this case a bit of light piss taking is fully justified.

Looking increasingly likely now that AlphaTauri are going to replace De Vries for the remainder of the season, with Ricciardo looking like being the replacement, although Liam Lawson is the other contender.

AlphaTauri F1 set to replace De Vries for remainder of 2023

AlphaTauri F1 set to replace De Vries for remainder of 2023

The AlphaTauri Formula 1 team is set to replace Nyck de Vries from next week's Hungarian Grand Prix, according to several media reports.

Dutchman De Vries had been under pressure for weeks after a disappointing start to his F1 career with the Italian squad.

Alongside fellow rookie Logan Sargeant, De Vries is the only driver yet to register points in 2023 as he struggled for pace compared to team-mate Yuki Tsunoda.

His cause wasn't helped by AlphaTauri underperforming with this season's AT04, which has left the team last in the constructors' championship after 10 races with just two points.

But Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko's patience with the former F2 and FE champion was wearing thin, giving De Vries repeated hints that his future was under immediate threat.

According to various media reports, including Dutch outlet De Telegraaf, AlphaTauri has now moved to replace De Vries in time for next week's Hungarian Grand Prix in Budapest.

It is not yet clear who will replace the 28-year-old at the Hungaroring, with third driver Daniel Ricciardo and Red Bull junior Liam Lawson appearing to be the two most serious candidates.

More in link ...

Well now. Seems there was no smoke without fire. It's good to see Ricciardo back, but I feel Nyck was treated badly there. After all, it's not like Red Bull and their affiliates to shit on a young driver.

De Vries is just really, really bad though. Even if the AT is a pile of shit he’s shown nothing and he’s not exactly an RB academy product, it’s fair enough I think. De Vries is also 28 wouldn’t call him young really :lol:

Hype tweet but If he does well for the remainder of this season I think it’s pretty obvious that Checo is in serious trouble. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

De Vries is also 28 wouldn’t call him young really :lol:

This is true. I guess I meant inexperienced, but even then I suppose 28 doesn't, and shouldn't, get the same level of protection as a 21 or 22.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Watched this on a training course today, amazing footage, no words can describe how lucky Grosjean really was. 

The halo has saved a couple of lives ant least already, an amazing bit of engineering. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rosberg was funny just then.

Horner on Lewis’s lap: Really good lap but Max left a bit of the table as he had a small snap in turn 13

Rosberg: Lewis also left a bit as he had a similar snap in the same place.

🔥