Formula One - 2023

BOF

On 16/11/2023 at 10:44, Genie said:

link

Its not helped by the fact the championship was wrapped up ages ago.

Yes it's a spectacle, he has the championship wrapped up, so why can't this guy just keep quiet and go and enjoy himself out there.

This is why people boo him!

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yes it's a spectacle, he has the championship wrapped up, so why can't this guy just keep quiet and go and enjoy himself out there.

In this case tbh I don’t have an issue with his comments, he’s trying to protect the integrity of the sport. It’s clearly on a trajectory towards all show, and little sport, like boxing has entered into. The balance is off and he’s right to make that point imo.

New tracks are almost universally shit for racing. Then the US events like this and Miami are off the scale for fanfare whilst the racing is instantly forgettable.

Its unsustainable unless it is adjusted.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

In this case tbh I don’t have an issue with his comments, he’s trying to protect the integrity of the sport. It’s clearly on a trajectory towards all show, and little sport, like boxing has entered into. The balance is off and he’s right to make that point imo.

There maybe a little bit in it, but don't be fooled, Max thinks about Max.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

He can be correct and a whinging little shit at the same time. If you whinge about everything sooner or later you'll be on the money. But yeah today I agree with him too. I'm off to gargle bleach as I feel unclean 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Did the track damage the engine? Or are Ferrari trying it on…

Ferrari did report damage to the monocoque, engine, and battery fairy early after the incident. I'd imagine it would not be that hard to prove physical damage should they be challenged to, but with F1 shenanigans who really knows.

• Like 1

Lol. Q2 carnage. The galaxy brains at Merc & Red Bull needlessly shafting their drivers. Ferrari looking the cream of the crop. But they can still Ferrari 😛

Gasly has had quite a strong run since the summer break. 

Leclerc going to have yet another pole with no victory, poor fella. 

The plan was to stay up and watch but it's likely I'll see the opening laps and then drop off. 

On 17/11/2023 at 11:01, foreveryoung said:

But he isn’t wrong is he.

Not surprised he pulled out of his last qualifying lap, LeClerc is on pole so will put into the wall at some point.