Oasis: This is their thread

useless

22 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I didn't get one and I'm at peace with it.

Still slightly teary, but accepting it 😢

Keep the weekend free, there will be loads on resale next year I reckon

• Like 1

457131995_1043910527734877_1883981372793135871_n.jpg.e415b91615622ce94c93f1607fe3b7b2.jpg

On 09/09/2024 at 22:48, Mark Albrighton said:

A cover. It was played an awful lot at the time.

I’d never heard the King Harvest original. 

The writer was in King Harvest, but previously he was in another band called Boffalongo and their version is the og.

13 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm at peace as well. Sure, I want them to split up before the gigs and if not, I want it to piss it down hard on people in the crowd, and then their trains to be cancelled on the way home, but generally at peace with it! :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

we were talking yesterday on the way to the game that they'll announce european dates so will try and do one of those. won't be as difficult to get tickets

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

we were talking yesterday on the way to the game that they'll announce european dates so will try and do one of those. won't be as difficult to get tickets

I'm not sure they will, Brexit has made European tours a bit of a nightmare apparently with visas and other regulations.  

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not sure they will, Brexit has made European tours a bit of a nightmare apparently with visas and other regulations.  

Its ok for bands of Oasis Size, charging what they do. Its small bands that suffer most, they cant afford the costs, the admin etc. Sure it takes longer with increased costs etc but it really isn't a barrier to huge bands

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Unfortunately I think a lot of people will have the same idea...

Also think that they're doing a stadium tour mid summer in the UK, say they then go to Europe in September, where can they actually go? Football will be back, they either drop the venue size or they go to like the the Olympic stadium in Munich or the 2nd big stadium in Paris, might be wrong here but in Europe there's not as many parks or fields that seem available for non festival large gigs, I sure Adele had to build her own set up in Munich and therefore stayed there for 10 nights 

I can see the European leg being like 5 places , maybe 8 gigs total and then they'll go bigger in America 

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Guitarist knew it was coming, refused any kind of eye contact and it happened anyway. Lead singer is an absolute tool.

Sad spectacle. I feel bad for the fans. I don't know how many songs they'd played at that point, but if that was the outcome, it couldn't have been a very good show to begin with. Really bad vibes. Apparently Farrell had been struggling with his vocals the last tour dates, so in Boston the tour manager and band decided to dip his vocals down in the mix and he couldn't handle it. Didn't help that he has drinking from a jumbo-sized bottle of wine during the show. Not a good look for a 60-something year-old fronting a "feel-good" reunion tour. They've canceled their Connecticut show, and they should probably cancel the tour altogether and get Farrell some help.

53 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Sad spectacle. I feel bad for the fans. I don't know how many songs they'd played at that point, but if that was the outcome, it couldn't have been a very good show to begin with. Really bad vibes. Apparently Farrell had been struggling with his vocals the last tour dates, so in Boston the tour manager and band decided to dip his vocals down in the mix and he couldn't handle it. Didn't help that he has drinking from a jumbo-sized bottle of wine during the show. Not a good look for a 60-something year-old fronting a "feel-good" reunion tour. They've canceled their Connecticut show, and they should probably cancel the tour altogether and get Farrell some help.

Load of me arse that. They are using in ear stage monitoring, Perry would know that the guitarist isn't responsible for his in ear sound. I also doubt the TM and the band made a decision about his in ear mix without his knowledge

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

Load of me arse that. They are using in ear stage monitoring, Perry would know that the guitarist isn't responsible for his in ear sound. I also doubt the TM and the band made a decision about his in ear mix without his knowledge

👍

21 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

I've signed up for the early ticket ballot.

In seriousness though i’ve seen them twice at the Tamworth Assembly rooms and it’s a good show. Musically excellent, lead singer a bit ropey at times which adds to the authenticity! 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â