Oasis: This is their thread

useless

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

Indie dance floor classic to be mixed in with PWEI Jesus Jones / Wonderstuff /Carter et all in a three song Grebo slot

I’m a pacifist but the way that dude sings makes me want to punch people. Any people 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I own more Carter and PWEI than anyone else on this forum. I am happy to wager a pound on this. 

I'm going to endure Jim Bob at Gigantic in Bristol next May :D 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I own more Carter and PWEI than anyone else on this forum. I am happy to wager a pound on this. 

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this multiple times, apologies if I have, but both Rich March and Fuzz Townshend of PWEI were my college lecturers. Their old manager taught us at one point too, but I can’t remember his name. 

• Like 3

What will be their opening song on the first night? After the intro, which will probably be F*ckin' in the Bushes. 

Gotta be Rock 'N' Roll star? Columbia maybe? Or perhaps something like Acquiesce (we neeeeeed each other) or Hello (its good to be back) 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

What will be their opening song on the first night? After the intro, which will probably be F*ckin' in the Bushes. 

Gotta be Rock 'N' Roll star? Columbia maybe? Or perhaps something like Acquiesce (we neeeeeed each other) or Hello (its good to be back) 

F*ckin in the bushes walk on and open with Hello then Rock N Roll Star.

• Like 1

Have they ever actually played F*ckin’ in the Bushes live?

It would be nice if they kicked off with The Swamp Song but they won’t.

I doubt there’s going to be many surprises for the setlist.

I reckon 5 songs each off of the first two albums. Lyla and The Importance of Being Idle. Acquiesce. Songbird to keep Liam happy. Probably Go Let it Out. Either Stand By Me or D’You Know What I mean? A couple of others and end on I am the Walrus.

I can’t see them playing much from Dig Out Your Soul.

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this multiple times, apologies if I have, but both Rich March and Fuzz Townshend of PWEI were my college lecturers. Their old manager taught us at one point too, but I can’t remember his name. 

Craig Jennings, he’s a bad nose

7 hours ago, Xela said:

I thought it was a 30th anniversary of WTSMG?

So based on the DM tour only songs from that album + b sides 

Edit - would actually be great, they'd play hey now, which I'd say even those of us that have seen oasis several times have never seen them play that 

Edited by villa4europe

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought it was a 30th anniversary of WTSMG?

So based on the DM tour only songs from that album + b sides 

Edit - would actually be great, they'd play hey now, which I'd say even those of us that have seen oasis several times have never seen them play that 

It’s says “Live ‘25”. Nothing particular saying that because it’s the 30th anniversary it will be a WTSMG centric setlist.

While I think the guardian are speculating to a degree, I believe they are correct.

The concerts will come 16 years after the band split acrimoniously when Noel Gallagher quit before a show at a French festival, and 30 years since the release of their second album, 1995’s (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? Unlike Liam Gallagher’s continuing 30th anniversary tour of the band’s 1994 debut Definitely Maybe, the setlist for the 2025 reunion shows will not be explicitly geared around that album.

Guardian link

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Not sure on Hello because of the Gary Glitter lyric in it. Rock n Roll star will be first or last track I reckon. Acquiesce is a good shout.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s says “Live ‘25”. Nothing particular saying that because it’s the 30th anniversary it will be a WTSMG centric setlist.

While I think the guardian are speculating to a degree, I believe they are correct.

Guardian link

see as an older oasis fan whos seen then a few times before and WTSMG is my favourite album I actually think that's a shame, the highlight of the DM tour has been Liam singing half the world away

if they just did a WTSMG centric tour we'd get hey now which like i said most people wont have heard live, she's electric which is fairly rare, masterplan which noel picks and chooses on his solo tours but its not every show, maybe round are way, talk tonight, acquiesce, rockin chair, step out, underneath the sky, maybe cum on feel the noize would be special to a lot of us

would like to think that if it was just oasis they'd mix it up by 3 or 4 songs every night but they wont

as a complete guess...i think the last 2 proper tours they did together they ended with i am the walrus and my generation - they will finish these shows with a cover version, so could be noize

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

see as an older oasis fan whos seen then a few times before and WTSMG is my favourite album I actually think that's a shame, the highlight of the DM tour has been Liam singing half the world away

if they just did a WTSMG centric tour we'd get hey now which like i said most people wont have heard live, she's electric which is fairly rare, masterplan which noel picks and chooses on his solo tours but its not every show, maybe round are way, talk tonight, acquiesce, rockin chair, step out, underneath the sky, maybe cum on feel the noize would be special to a lot of us

would like to think that if it was just oasis they'd mix it up by 3 or 4 songs every night but they wont

as a complete guess...i think the last 2 proper tours they did together they ended with i am the walrus and my generation - they will finish these shows with a cover version, so could be noize

Yeah I get it. I wouldn’t be surprised if it leaned more towards WTSMG, it just won’t be exclusively songs from that album/b sides. I think there’s a chance that the masterplan will be there. Acquiesce I think is almost a guarantee.

I’ve always wanted them to end more shows on cum on feel the noize as opposed to I am the Walrus, essentially because the Maine Road performance just looks like it was a lot of fun to be there (and I know some won’t like that, fair enough, but I know I’ve seen Noddy saying he was at that gig and loving the sight of thousands of kids going mental for his song 20+ years after he wrote it).

But I’m confident it’ll be I am the Walrus. I doubt there’s going to be many surprises in the setlist. Another reason why I’ve not been too fussed about trying for tickets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Not sure on Hello because of the Gary Glitter lyric in it. Rock n Roll star will be first or last track I reckon. Acquiesce is a good shout.

Liam opened with it at Knebworth, followed by Rock n Roll Star.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TDR V2 said:

Then have a row and walk off

Well if it happens on stage it would be kind of cool to say you were there.  I'd at least like them to get to the encore though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I don't think they have to pay Gary Glitter anything as he sold the rights to his music to pay for his legal cases, hence Liam 'unretired' it and The Joker had one of his songs in it.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well if it happens on stage it would be kind of cool to say you were there.  I'd at least like them to get to the encore though.

The night at Wembley when Liam was a mess I genuinely think Noel thought Liam was gonna hit him when he had a little joke/dig at him and Liam walked over to him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't think they have to pay Gary Glitter anything as he sold the rights to his music to pay for his legal cases, hence Liam 'unretired' it and The Joker had one of his songs in it.  

I was thinking more of the PR of it rather than the cost, but I guess nobody really cares.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â