Oasis: This is their thread

useless

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And I'll take it a step further

The masterplan is a better album than any other band managed to put out in the 90s

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Zackly, the b-sides were so popular that there was a clamour have them released as an album. Who else can boast that? Many consider The Masterplan to be Oasis’s best album too. 

I love The Masterplan, the individual songs are great, but I don't think it flows like an album should. It's more of a collection of songs, if that makes sense?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I love The Masterplan, the individual songs are great, but I don't think it flows like an album should. It's more of a collection of songs, if that makes sense?

It is exactly that, they were never intended to all be on the same record.

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I was never that fussed about the song, but I always found it strange that Round Are Way wasn’t included on The Masterplan. It was a regular feature in set lists, it’s a bit of a fan favourite, Ewan McGregor sings it in a movie FFS, it’s an obvious one to include.

But apparently not.

Agreed.

I was always marginally annoyed that 'I Am the Walrus' is on there and Round Are Way wasn't. 

Oasis could have made a covers album and sold loads. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bickster said:

How much are you all going to pay for the inevitable 2025 Oasis Live triple album?

I reckon most of you will part with £80 to £100 for the best live album ever released in the history of the world even though you don’t have a turntable

It'll be available to stream on Spotify :P

If only Oasis and Super Furry Animals released albums in the 90’s, Oasis wouldn’t have an album in the top 3.

And I say that in a spirit of love and peace, as a neutral but well informed judge that thought Def Maybe was a good album with a perfectly acceptable level of filler.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

It is exactly that, they were never intended to all be on the same record.

Yeah, just a collection of B sides, but I think it could have flowed better. Different order perhaps. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

One of the most heartwarming things about the Oasis reunion and this thread is that its been revealed that @bickster is a big fan. 

123 posts here in this thread, i'm proud of you mate. Whats your favourite track? Are you a Liam or Noel man? ;) 

I never believed it when people said you had no musical taste.

You forget, I put them on twice including their second ever headline show

I also knew Noel when he was the Inspirals roadie so team Noel obvs

I also know that The Masterplan was originally intended to be released in Japan and the US by Creation and was absolutely shite all to do with “clamour from the fans” and that it only got to number 2. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

It'll be available to stream on Spotify :P

Oh no, did I leave that bit out, not on streaming platforms. Vinyl only, they will be that dynamic :D 

I might start an Oasis Appreciation thread so fans can discuss their music and stuff. We seem to be treading on the toes of the 'I don't like Oasis and like to keep reminding you' thread in here. :) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I still find it hilarious that The Beatles could never be bothered to sue Oasis for plagiarism, and then The Rutles decided that they could be bothered and won.

I feel like I have said this previously but I actually feel in that instance Noel was a bit hard done by. I genuinely don’t believe he had heard that song before (it’s not exactly the most well known tune).

He’s often up front about where he’s borrowed stuff (note, dear reader, I said the word “often”- I know there are instances where that wasn’t the case) and for me the resemblance to the original song in that instance isn’t anywhere near as striking as other examples where he’s got away with it scot free.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I might start an Oasis Appreciation thread so fans can discuss their music and stuff. We seem to be treading on the toes of the 'I don't like Oasis and like to keep reminding you' thread in here. :) 

This thread was started to get Oasis fans out of the music threads :D Check out the first page :P 

Just now, bickster said:

Oh no, did I leave that bit out, not on streaming platforms. Vinyl only, they will be that dynamic :D 

I own 2 vinyl singles, and no albums.

EMF - Unbelievable

Dream Warriors - My Definition of a Boombastic Jazz Style

17 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I feel like I have said this previously but I actually feel in that instance Noel was a bit hard done by. I genuinely don’t believe he had heard that song before (it’s not exactly the most well known tune).

He’s often up front about where he’s borrowed stuff (note, dear reader, I said the word “often”- I know there are instances where that wasn’t the case) and for me the resemblance to the original song in that instance isn’t anywhere near as striking as other examples where he’s got away with it scot free.

I've never listened to either song (as far as I know), so I'm quite happy to trust you on the matter. 

42 minutes ago, Xela said:

EMF - Unbelievable

I don’t have the vocabulary to adequately communicate how much I hate that song 🤣

It’s bad enough to begin with but over here it’s in seemingly thousands of advertisements, hard to escape 

13 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I don’t have the vocabulary to adequately communicate how much I hate that song 🤣

It’s bad enough to begin with but over here it’s in seemingly thousands of advertisements, hard to escape 

Indie dance floor classic to be mixed in with PWEI Jesus Jones / Wonderstuff /Carter et all in a three song Grebo slot

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Xela said:

EMF - Unbelievable

15 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Indie dance floor classic to be mixed in with PWEI Jesus Jones / Wonderstuff /Carter et all in a three song Grebo slot

I’m so on it, I have EMF and Carter USM on cassette.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â