Oasis: This is their thread

useless

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

Radiohead would be an absolute prime example

They managed to make an extra album out of the studio sessions for Kid A and Amnesiac and rarely release singles.

Radiohead plays on Spotify (which appears to be some kind of odd metric used here)

Jigsaw Falling into place 201 million plays

Weird Fishes / Arpeggi  211 million plays

Just 182 million plays (non single from The Bends which has a ludicrous number of singles on it) (and was inspired by some never heard of band called Magazine :D

All I need - 142 million plays

I'm gonna need a bloody big wall come the revolution by the looks of things 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Something that Richard Osman said the other day which I thought was amusing, until Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants was released, Gary Glitter used to receive more income from Oasis royalties than Liam Gallagher did. 

(Glitter's sample on Hello, versus Liam's first song-writing credit on the [terrible] Little James).

I believe they paid GG a lump sum after he (rightly) sued them for use of his lyric without permission.

17 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Back to Oasis songs I'm surprised this one doesn't feature higher in the list. Certainly one of my favourites!

If you're on Spotify search Noel Gallagher, not NG+HFB, you'll find a teenage cancer trust album, he does a cracking live version of it

• Thanks 1

I imagine the same is true of Neil Innes and Stevie Wonder in terms of making more than Liam (pre 2000).

Though in the Wonder case (for “Step Out” sounding like “Uptight”) I don’t believe they also paid out for borrowing the riff from “Rosalie” which I know I’ve seen Noel say that’s basically what he did, combine Uptight and Rosalie.

Took me years to appreciate Slide Away. It was often the song women would reference when Oasis were mentioned so I always felt like I should love it more than I did.

It wasn’t until Noel did this version of it around 2006 that it finally clicked with me. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Took me years to appreciate Slide Away. It was often the song women would reference when Oasis were mentioned so I always felt like I should love it more than I did.

It wasn’t until Noel did this version of it around 2006 that it finally clicked with me. 

Very good version - cheers.

Until Oasis announced their comeback tour I hadn't really gone out of my way to listen to their songs but it has just reminded me how many great hits they had and I have enjoyed listening to them again.

One of the great English bands. I'm sure all of VT will agree on that.😉

• Haha 2

How much are you all going to pay for the inevitable 2025 Oasis Live triple album?

I reckon most of you will part with £80 to £100 for the best live album ever released in the history of the world even though you don’t have a turntable

Just now, bickster said:

How much are you all going to pay for the inevitable 2025 Oasis Live triple album?

I reckon most of you will part with £80 to £100 for the best live album ever released in the history of the world even though you don’t have a turntable

Nah, took me a while to buy the Liam knebworth one and I've only listened to it once, didn't get suckered in to the bundle where you got 3 different colours of the same thing either

Also not bought the 30th anniversary of DM, the cd comes with a load of extras but the standard vinyl doesn't, I've got no interest in the different takes, I'll give them one go on Spotify and that will be enough, the 25th anniversary edition with the b sides and the rare tracks was far more interesting 

Liam will almost definitely release the DM tour on vinyl which i think will be his 4th live album as a solo artist to 3 proper albums 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nah, took me a while to buy the Liam knebworth one and I've only listened to it once, didn't get suckered in to the bundle where you got 3 different colours of the same thing either

Also not bought the 30th anniversary of DM, the cd comes with a load of extras but the standard vinyl doesn't, I've got no interest in the different takes, I'll give them one go on Spotify and that will be enough, the 25th anniversary edition with the b sides and the rare tracks was far more interesting 

Liam will almost definitely release the DM tour on vinyl which i think will be his 4th live album as a solo artist to 3 proper albums 

I’m sure Noel will thank him for the royalties. Liam would only be getting mechanicals. Liam would earn next to nothing from a live release of DM even if it was his band.

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Just go to Dimeadozen and create your own version 😉

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

I certainly won’t be buying a vinyl version and am very unlikely to buy to a live album. I still have yet to buy the Knebworth album (I had genuinely forgot it existed until you mentioned it). 

I have Familiar to Millions which I have been dipping in and out of over the past week. Some of it I think is good, some of it I think is bad.

FWIW I believe a theoretical live album would be better then FtM, but unless the setlist has a bit of variance from their catalogue than what they typically play, I don’t think I’ll rush out to buy it.

54 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I imagine the same is true of Neil Innes and Stevie Wonder in terms of making more than Liam (pre 2000).

I still find it hilarious that The Beatles could never be bothered to sue Oasis for plagiarism, and then The Rutles decided that they could be bothered and won.

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

I’m sure Noel will thank him for the royalties. Liam would only be getting mechanicals. Liam would earn next to nothing from a live release of DM even if it was his band.

Honest I think Liam's doing it just to keep himself going, it's like perpetual movement, he has to release something to keep the next tour in demand, keep himself on social media etc etc stays busy, his solo material alone isn't good enough, those songs come and go too quickly, the squire stuff is done, died a death a month after it came out, now he needs the DM album rerelease, then he needs the DM live album, then the same with WTSMG, then he'll sneak another terrible solo album out, then he'll do be here now live stuff

One of the most heartwarming things about the Oasis reunion and this thread is that its been revealed that @bickster is a big fan. 

123 posts here in this thread, i'm proud of you mate. Whats your favourite track? Are you a Liam or Noel man? ;) 

I never believed it when people said you had no musical taste.

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â